Quantcast

Urge Cabo Verde: Nico Vouilloz on Charity and Racing

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Lapierre's main spokesperson and MTB legend Nico Vouilloz has committed himself to competing in this year's URGE all mountain event. Having taken second in the previous two contests, Nico will be gunning for the win!
---

Source: URGE

Nicolas Vouilloz (Lapierre) – France : Officially confirmed!

Nico, this is the third Urge Event trip for you, what made you decide to go for it once again?

N.V : The concept is really cool, it’s a race like no other, with, at the end, the satisfaction of helping at our level these underdeveloped countries.

In Kenya, you finished 2nd, in Nepal you finished 2nd… in Cabo Verde are you going to win?

N.V : In Cabo Verde, I’ll finish 2nd…just like the old saying!!!

More seriously, is the racing side important on this event or is it not the first objective?

N.V : We’re not in a racing atmosphere, it’s really friendly! Plus, it’s a real battle to reach the summit (not even mentioning being fresh), there’s a lot of improvisation and the track is not secured… So at the end, we’re racing without the impression to race or to finish 1st, 2nd, 5th… it doesn’t mean much compared to the cause.

With the other riders, you were able to collect twice as much money for the charity in 2010 than in 2009. For you, is it important to witness the results of your involvement translated into real actions for children?

N.V : I really liked the ad about where it stands, what has been done. It’s really important because usually, when you give money to charity, you never know if it’s useful or not at the end.

Have you already decided on what bike you’ll be riding in Cabo Verde?

N.V : I haven’t talked to Fab to know how it is over there, but it’ll be a Lapierre for sure!

Attachments