Quantcast

US Gets Beat Badly at the World Cup

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Czech's beat the US today 3-0 - ouch........that sounds like a severe butt kicking in terms of soccer scores.

And the US has to play Italy next. ugh.

I've been watching some of these games. Good stuff.

The Netherlands looked awesome the other day in their opening game. I think they need a little more orange in their uniforms though. ;):D

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
yeah...i found it funny...
all the US reporters and commentators are all saying "oh, US is underrated...how are they going off at 80-1 to win it, thats ridiculous"

and then they get trounced by the Czechs...haha....

I'm rooting for England, but have always loved the dutch and their Orange uniforms...they look to have a good young team this year and should be exciting to watch.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I didn't even bother to watch the match.
The US squad is so uninspiring.

What's worse is the friggin announcers.
Thank god for the mute button, it's almost better watching the games on Telemundo.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The match was ugly. No serious threat from the US for most of the game. Had possesion for nealy 70% of the time with only like 3 shots on goal. That is sad.

Ghana looks good right now against Italy, could get even worse for the US team when they play later this week.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
MMcG said:
hopefully that won't be the case and they'll bounce back.
If they decide to show up and play like they mean it. That game was pathetic. Beasly could have sat on the bench, he was that effective. Nearly every pass he made was backward. The whole team pretty much waited for the ball to come to them instead of working to get open...no initiative. Hopefully Arena woke them up and reminded them where they are. If not, they should head home now.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I watched parts of it at school today, ive never really watched it b4 and it was pretty crazy. It was held in Czek right? it was so cool when they just took that guy out on a ghetto stretcher, not cool that he got hurt though

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
ummm no...it was held in germany...like the rest of the world cup games...cause theyre the host country this year....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
US Soccer... hehe - the last WC was a bit of a fluke but US soccer fan's wouldn't hear any of it. Hopefully the overhyping & cockiness will die down now. As I said before, they won't get out of the group stage. I hope the pack it back home winless. Trinidad & Tobago looked better than they did :)

RideSiK

Chimp
Apr 23, 2002
australia
aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi...

the sports betting places have them paying $81 for a win... a guy from work put 50 bucks on us to win... if they do i belive thats $4000 so hes taking us all out and im getting blind... apart from that i dont like the soccer... theve taken south park off TV and put the soccer on this saddens me :(

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
RideSiK said:
aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi...

the sports betting places have them paying $81 for a win... a guy from work put 50 bucks on us to win... if they do i belive thats $4000 so hes taking us all out and im getting blind... apart from that i dont like the soccer... theve taken south park off TV and put the soccer on this saddens me :(
spoken like a true aussie... see folks, this is the way people are when they come from S/W oz (well that vb is a strange one ;) )... good job L... plus, i have the patent on lower case and triple stops :)... say g day to barrett, baz, pete and all the local nuts for me mate... have a good one...

south park VS soccer.... gimmie a break, what a no brainer.... leave soccer for the euros i say :nopity:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
RideSiK said:
will do paul, but dont for one minute think i drink VB...

its swan draught all the way, gotta support WA beers... haha

nah mate, not that vb... i was talking about valve bouncer... but hes from busso so thats to be expected :)

swan draught in the king brown bots is the shiat...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The Dutch are allready fighting each other. Pretty typical stuff, look for a quick quarterfinal exit from them.

You can't get 11 Dutchmen to agree that the sky is blue, so that's not a huge surprise...