US Imperialism

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Yet another example....

Indian Message To The Moon

When NASA was preparing for the Apollo project, they did some
astronaut training on a Navajo Indian reservation.

One day, a Navajo elder and his son were herding sheep and came across the space crew. The old man, who spoke only Navajo, asked a question which his son translated. "What are these guys in the big suits doing?"

A member of the crew said they were practicing for their trip to
the moon. The old man got all excited and asked if he could send
a message to the moon with the astronauts.

Recognizing a promotional opportunity for the spin-doctors, the
NASA folks found a tape recorder. After the old man recorded his
message, they asked the son to translate it. He refused.

So the NASA reps brought the tape to the reservation where the
rest of the tribe listened and laughed but refused to translate
the elder's message to the moon.

Finally, the NASA crew called in an official government
translator. He reported that the moon message said, "Watch out
for these guys; they have come to steal your land."

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
fluff, your so .... fluffy. why not dwell on India/Pakistan/Kasmir for awhile? Later we'll move on to the African nations your Imperialist country has left it's mark on.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Originally posted by Serial Midget
fluff, your so .... fluffy. why not dwell on India/Pakistan/Kasmir for awhile? Later we'll move on to the African nations your Imperialist country has left it's mark on.
And we could follow that up with the Israel/Palestinian debacle whose roots have limey fingerprints all over the place

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by cliffster5
And we could follow that up with the Israel/Palestinian debacle whose roots have limey fingerprints all over the place
I have always been amazed at how a nation of tea drinking men could cause so much havoc around the world. I think maybe the bearded ladies put them up to it???

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by Serial Midget
We caused a lot of **** in this world, I wouldn't argue any different. I'm not particularly proud of the 'British' past (especially considering the English are the ones who caused most of the trouble). After all it's our fault that you guys are the way you are....

I very much doubt I will end my days in the UK (unless God strikes me down before my allotted days are up (threescore and six).

I will not comment on the poor spelling midge....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by fluff

We caused a lot of **** in this world, I wouldn't argue any different. I'm not particularly proud of the 'British' past (especially considering the English are the ones who caused most of the trouble). After all it's our fault that you guys are the way you are....

I very much doubt I will end my days in the UK (unless God strikes me down before my allotted days are up (threescore and six).

I will not comment on the poor spelling midge....
I was in a hurry and don't always use the spell check. Kashmir. Happy now punk? :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

Yup. There's a term for it but my brian has seized.

Oxymoron?
Paradox?

Anyway dude....thats a funny story. Although.....Im pretty sure the english played a pretty big part in taking out some of the native americans.

Do you recall a French and Indian war by chance?

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by BurlySurly

Oxymoron?
Paradox?

Anyway dude....thats a funny story. Although.....Im pretty sure the english played a pretty big part in taking out some of the native americans.

Do you recall a French and Indian war by chance?
Ah, now that definitely wasn't my fault, I have an alibi.

I was having lunch with a friend?

It's a fair point, the English did some pretty nasty **** in the new world, Tasmania's aboriginal population pretty much got wiped out. We sucked then and if Tony has his way we'll suck again.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
, Tasmania's aboriginal population pretty much got wiped out.
Let me rephrase that:
You killed the whole bloody lot of them! And if the mainland wasn't so big and rough, the rest would be gone as well.
But such is life, that's what happens in the world, it ain't my job to complain about it...
I'll just say you guys can't even win the sports you invented yourselves :p

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by Rik

Let me rephrase that:
You killed the whole bloody lot of them! And if the mainland wasn't so big and rough, the rest would be gone as well.
But such is life, that's what happens in the world, it ain't my job to complain about it...
I'll just say you guys can't even win the sports you invented yourselves :p
Well, to be accurate, the population of Tasmania did it, not me. I think the genocide was abhorrent.

And as for the sports....

...conkers anyone?

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
I'm so flippin' happy that fluff is here to tell us/remind us that we're horrible people and that we're the cause of all the world's problems. Let me know when you're done walking on water. :rolleyes:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by KrusteeButt
I'm so flippin' happy that fluff is here to tell us/remind us that we're horrible people and that we're the cause of all the world's problems. Let me know when you're done walking on water. :rolleyes:
Well, bury your head in the sand then. There's a lot of **** in the world, if you wish to ignore it that is up to you.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!

Well, bury your head in the sand then. There's a lot of **** in the world, if you wish to ignore it that is up to you.
"Oh look, there's the point! Aw, gee, I'm sorry, you obviously missed it." :rolleyes:

"Hi, Kettle...this is Pot....you're black."

How very typical of you to assume that I "ignore" what goes on in the world around me. Your "holier-than-thou" position is getting pretty old.
Believe me, we (Americans) are fully aware that the world is not a perfect place. We are also aware that our government is not perfect. Ya know what? Same with other countries. Horrible things occur all over this planet every day...perhaps if you climbed down from that cross of yours, you'd realize that those things are not all to the fault of Americans.
Maybe a forum can be started for every society on this earth and you can start posting everything they've done as well.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by KrusteeButt

"Oh look, there's the point! Aw, gee, I'm sorry, you obviously missed it." :rolleyes:

"Hi, Kettle...this is Pot....you're black."

How very typical of you to assume that I "ignore" what goes on in the world around me. Your "holier-than-thou" position is getting pretty old.
Believe me, we (Americans) are fully aware that the world is not a perfect place. We are also aware that our government is not perfect. Ya know what? Same with other countries. Horrible things occur all over this planet every day...perhaps if you climbed down from that cross of yours, you'd realize that those things are not all to the fault of Americans.
Maybe a forum can be started for every society on this earth and you can start posting everything they've done as well.
Well, I guess I did miss the point, still missing it actually. This thread started with a joke (that would have been made about the British one hundred years ago), but I guess that got lost somewhere...

The head in the sand comment was simply a response to what appeared to be sarcasm regarding talking about the world's problems in a political forum.

I don't believe that the population of the US is evil, just regular people trying to go about their lives same as the rest of us, some of the government (yours and ours) I'm not so sure about. If you feel the same why do you wish to attack me for talking about it? There's a surprising number of people who are unaware of history and will therefore never learn from it and will continue to make the same mishtakes that have been made in the past.

From your previous posts it seems you can look at an issue from more than one side so what is the problem here?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I like fluff.

The only reason I still visit this forum is to read what he's said lately.

I thought it was a funny story.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by ohio
I like fluff.

The only reason I still visit this forum is to read what he's said lately.

I thought it was a funny story.
I think Fluff is jealous that he's not an American, so he points out every little discrepancy he can find to try and make himself feel better. He does make for a good argument though, and thats something to respect.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by BurlySurly

I think Fluff is jealous that he's not an American, so he points out every little discrepancy he can find to try and make himself feel better. He does make for a good argument though, and thats something to respect.
Hey, you'll never get me to admit that, I'd have to start maligning Canadians then..

Actually I have found almost all Amurricans that I've met very nice people and I even have one as a friend (maybe everyone should 'adopt-an-American' as an aid to world peace?) though I try to keep that quiet.

But you're still a bunch of war-mongering hypocrits ;) (remembered the smiley this time in case anyone thought I was serious...)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Funny story. I've always wanted to go to England with some of my family and take ownership of some cool land and tell whoever lived there before to go move to a reservation in Greenland. But i'm too busy mountain biking to even bother.

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red

Hey, you'll never get me to admit that, I'd have to start maligning Canadians then..

Actually I have found almost all Amurricans that I've met very nice people and I even have one as a friend (maybe everyone should 'adopt-an-American' as an aid to world peace?) though I try to keep that quiet.

But you're still a bunch of war-mongering hypocrits ;) (remembered the smiley this time in case anyone thought I was serious...)
hey im cool with the wrong doings of my heritage if your cool with yours. then there are no unpleasentries of pointing out eachothers downfalls in history. i wish the rest of the world (outside of me ((american)) and fluff ((UK)) ) would get over the whole americans are obese,lazy,noodle-brains

hey ive got a british friend, it must mean im not racisist:rolleyes: