Quantcast

US kicked some butt in the last World Cup!!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
9 Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (USA)
11 Todd Wells (USA) Mongoose-Hyundai
12 Jeremiah Bishop (USA)
13 Adam Craig (USA)

3 Susan Haywood (Usa) Trek-Volkswagen Racing Te
8 Willow Koerber (Usa)
14 Kerry Barnholt (USA)
20 Shonny Vanlandingham (Usa) Luna Women's MTB Team

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Heidi
9 Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (USA)
11 Todd Wells (USA) Mongoose-Hyundai
12 Jeremiah Bishop (USA)
13 Adam Craig (USA)

3 Susan Haywood (Usa) Trek-Volkswagen Racing Te
8 Willow Koerber (Usa)
14 Kerry Barnholt (USA)
20 Shonny Vanlandingham (Usa) Luna Women's MTB Team
i can remember the days when jeremiah was fast and raced all the southeastern stuff and we all knew he was fast but GODDAMN!!!

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Heidi
And look at Willow!!! WOOHOO!
i know!!! SE representin. i want to know who kerry barnholt is??? :confused: she one of the california dried plum girls???

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I was there with JMAC all day. The woman's race was preceeded by a hard rain but it let up and almost got sunny. The men's race was ugly. Not really cold but I think the fools with rim brakes ran out of pads. HUGE attrition. 112 starters and 22 finished. Now they pulled lapped riders at the end of course but still.

I could not believe the speed in the men's race particularly at the start.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by oldfart
I was there with JMAC all day. The woman's race was preceeded by a hard rain but it let up and almost got sunny. The men's race was ugly. Not really cold but I think the fools with rim brakes ran out of pads. HUGE attrition. 112 starters and 22 finished. Now they pulled lapped riders at the end of course but still.

I could not believe the speed in the men's race particularly at the start.
WOW only 22 finishers? how short was the course????

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by indieboy
i can remember the days when jeremiah was fast and raced all the southeastern stuff and we all knew he was fast but GODDAMN!!!
Jeremiah has shown up to some of the local races around here. One of the funniest things I ever saw was the start of a race he was in. All the other pros knew he was going to win and expected him to set the pace, he wanted to have nothing to do with it. At the start everone lined up behind him. He barely pedaled and the whole field crawled towards the singletrack at a snails pace with the crowd cheering and confused.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Westy
Jeremiah has shown up to some of the local races around here. One of the funniest things I ever saw was the start of a race he was in. All the other pros knew he was going to win and expected him to set the pace, he wanted to have nothing to do with it. At the start everone lined up behind him. He barely pedaled and the whole field crawled towards the singletrack at a snails pace with the crowd cheering and confused.

LOL that's too funny! sounds like how things are down here at the local races. everyone knows each other and if we are all trying to plan for a certain race sometimes it's just a joy ride for the first lap then those guys set the race on fire.....

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I think the loops were 5km long. 8 laps for the boys plus a short parade lap. Women were 6 laps?. The winning men's time was about 2:30 womens time was 2:20 or so. Something like that. Not a whole lot of flat terrain. Some one said they heard Roland Green yell to a teamate at about 6 laps that his brakes were failing. Dunno about that, he finished 7th.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Awesome representation!

[plug] You may not want to hear it but I can confirm that at least 6 of those 8 were using NoTubes. Lots of non-US riders as well, but let's stay on topic here [/plug] :)

Gee, anyone think Jeremiah will be on the National team next year instead of the regional team?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ya that was a really awsome race after the awards my mom and i went to Earl's for dinner. Chris Sheppard and Willow and the whole Haro team were at one table. I was taking a piss in the mens room while Sheppard was crapping:D how cool is that.

Another table had all these Euro guys from T-moble and Bianchi/Motorex they all left half wy through our dinner but the Cannondale team had justgot their food and another table which had some racers and support people from Sram ect were at another table.

They kept sending plates of Taquilla double shots and all shorts of shots at each table trying to kill eachother. Gracia was yelling and swearing at the other table while he got himself pissing drunk i saw him yestaerday and he still seemed wasted.;) Anyways it was awsome and i moving to BC in 1-2 years max because it's just so awsome there.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by JMAC
Ya that was a really awsome race after the awards my mom and i went to Earl's for dinner. Chris Sheppard and Willow and the whole Haro team were at one table. I was taking a piss in the mens room while Sheppard was crapping:D how cool is that.
sheppard is an awesome person. you should have made some sort of smart ass comment to him while he was taking a crap to see what he would have said :devil: :devil: