Quantcast

US National Champs course

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
Anyone know if Fox, Shimano, SRAM will be there. Just curious since Interbike is this week if any of them will make the trip for rider support?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they all have several mobile service trucks, so hopefully some or all will be there. IMO, they should be there....i mean it is our National Championship

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Actually, the weekend weather is *looking* pretty good, but it may still be wet from Thursday/Friday. Or hell, it's the mountains, it may rain every day.

Kinda doubt the lift will be running on Wednesday, and I'm sure if/when Moto (or someone else) makes a helmet cam of the Pro course they will post it - but based on the photos, it appears there is a 100% chance of east koast rox.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Can you buy your annual at the race?
How did you qualify for nationals if you don't have a license?

Oh, as for the course. Beech gets heavy fog in the AM most every single day, so plan on riding glass until around 1pm when the clouds burn off. I don't anticipate anyone getting in a dry run if the weather is as it has always been.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Actually I have a couple friends who are on the qualifying list for the Nats who only purchased 1 day license at the qualifying events. They plan to get the annual up there so I hope for their sake it is ok. It would be dumb for USA Cycling to exclude racers from purchasing them at the race but, oh yeah what am I saying....

I have a question about registration... does anyone have info on fees at the event? Is there a penalty in price for registering on site? There is a 6 dollar and something fee on top of registering on line so just interested in knowing the price difference.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
I have a question about registration... does anyone have info on fees at the event? Is there a penalty in price for registering on site? There is a 6 dollar and something fee on top of registering on line so just interested in knowing the price difference.
They are charging $95.00 for AM & $110.00 for pro at the race to register..:shocked::shocked:

http://usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=7060

Last edited:

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
shiiit.. so that's what that crossed out $95 is for? I figured it would still be $60 at the race since nothing really says otherwise of what the actual fees are, besides that pdf I noticed posted a few days ago that also lists out an extra 5 bucks to park per day in the general lot.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
They are charging $95.00 for AM & $110.00 for pro at the race to register..:shocked::shocked:

http://usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=7060
Thanks for posting that.. Just noticed the "news" post linking to that, obscured with the twitter feed, after you posted it and i went looking for it. I would think that should be some of the main information on the main page. I mean registration costs would seem to matter more to me than say, previous results and photos, which have such a prominent display comparatively. Must now rush to borrow credit card and save 35 dollars.

bring yer rain jackets, mud tires, and tearoffs!:D
I'll be rocking the completely worn out tires and no goggles!

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
You have no idea how badly I hope they build a bike park up there next year.
I spent a solid 4 hours today talking to various levels of mtn management stroking their egos and spinning tales of future profitability.
Spectator numbers are going to be really important this weekend. Tommrow afternoon you can drink all the microbrewed beer you want for $25, listen to live bands and watch fireworks 200 yards away from the bottom of the DS course.
Call your friends and tell them to come for the beer. Get them nice and lubed and up to the DS track.
Just watch what happens if we get a loud crowd three deep.