Quantcast

US Open Live

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
New Brunswick NJ, or New Brunswick Nova Scotia?

from New Brunswick NJ it will be about 2 hours to Vernon Valley/Mtn Creek/Diablo unless there's no traffic and all the lights are green. New Brunswick is crowded and full of traffic lights and roundabouts until you get on the highway. You can take highway roads to just outside Vernon, once you exit the highway you're back on traffic lighted roads, many of them small with low speed limits. It may look like a quick shot on a map, but you won't be doing 70 mph the whole way that's for sure.

you sure you don't mean Newark and not New Brunswick? there's no large airport in New Brunswick, not the sort that would take commercial carrier flights from Sea-Tac.

from New Brunswick Nova Scotia you'd be better off with a helicopter, it's a long way. :D

Lets clear something up here. New Brunswick is its own province, as is Nova Scotia. They are connected, but two different places. Saying New Brunswick is a far drive from New Jersey is pretty vague as its a big place. New Brunswick borders with Maine. If you were close to the Border then it wouldn't be a very far drive........5 hours is my guess. If you were on the other side then the Helicopter would be handy as the drive would be twice as slong.

Last edited:

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Results:
Rank Bib Name Team Class Result 1
1 65 ATKINSON Bryn Intense C Pro Men 2:27.43 (1)
2 88 ATHERTON Gee Animal Pro Men 2:28.25 (2)
3 22 HILL Sam Monster Pro Men 2:28.88 (3)
4 96 STRAIT Kyle Specialize Pro Men 2:30.30 (4)
5 97 WARREN Cody Specialize Pro Men 2:30.36 (5)
6 23 FAIRCLOUGH B Monster Pro Men 2:30.75 (6)
7 1 SMITH Steve Ms Evil Pro Men 2:31.84 (7)
8 38 KEENE Curtis Specialize Pro Men 2:32.54 (8)
9 49 TURPEN Evan Santa Cruz Pro Men 2:33.72 (9)
10 19 BEYTAGH Geritt Morewood Pro Men 2:35.77 (10)

Seems this is it, all Pro men are down I think

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Smith was on the gas but qualified 7th after coming to a complete stop twice...as well as blowing both feet off the pedals after hucking the rock jump and living up to his new nick name, Sender.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Fraser:

1) you're wrong, and those results are finals, not qualifying
2) akula is wrong, and those results are qualifying, not finals
3) smith coincidentally got 7th in both qualifying and finals

which is it? :)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Fraser:

care to enlighten us on the actual results?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Fraser:

It is #2.

That was qualifying, results I got were a jumbled mess though. They lumped everyone in together, super annoying, especially as it was live updating. Still messy afterwards.

There is live timing for each heat/run etc.

Smith is 7th in qualies for DH, finals is tomorrow afternoon.

Dh quali results here: http://live-timing.com/race2.php?r=13697&u=60

Coincidentally, Brendog just won GS. Hill second, Lopes 3rd.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
how is it that there is an amateur in top 20 shouldnt he be racing pro..
Welcome to the US Open where you get to pick the category you race in. With the prizes given out for amateur it is very easy for people to race amateur. Why race and lose against World Cup pros when you can race and win a lot of good prizes in Amateur.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
new brunswick nj, ha it ended up only taking about an hour and fifteen. i got there and was on the course at about 9:15 but got a flat about 30 sec in and didnt get a chance to do a run until my quali. a quick fall in a slow section kept me from qualifying but i will for sure be back next year i cant wait!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Paul Mitchell or Jeep?
Thats Jeep's way of getting a 1 hour on hour paid banner ad. They are probably not doing it this year. We will se but it has nothing to do with USA cycling and the train wreck they created in not being able to land TV time and with it sponsors like back in the late 90's in early 2000.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
It is #2.

That was qualifying, results I got were a jumbled mess though. They lumped everyone in together, super annoying, especially as it was live updating. Still messy afterwards.

There is live timing for each heat/run etc.

Smith is 7th in qualies for DH, finals is tomorrow afternoon.

Dh quali results here: http://live-timing.com/race2.php?r=13697&u=60

Coincidentally, Brendog just won GS. Hill second, Lopes 3rd.
How the hell am I wrong, I never said they where race results, Saturday is Quali days usually. So I just posted those ones up as I wasn't doing much else with my time. Chur!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Pretty sure the guy that qualified first is only in his second year racing, and wasn't allowed to upgrade to pro to begin with.
correct started in 2007 as a intro rider... 2008 raced sport. finished 27th at the open. turned expert august of 2008. tried upgrading to pro early this year and they said no. so here I am racing usacycling expert. so im going to race amature at the us open as well.

look at last years winner neko. finished top 20 in pro as an amature....

I don't even care about the prize. I just want to have fun, support my team and have fun.

dennis

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
It rained just prior to Pro qualifying. Smith came down and told me it was super slipery in the rocks, I went 20 minutes later and was sideways twice before half way down. By the time Pro qualies ended it was way dry and by the time Ams. went is dusty.

do yourselves a favor. at least save your usual b*tching until after the actual race :banghead:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Nice helmet cam. That place pretty much looks like a big pile of rocks.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
new brunswick nj, ha it ended up only taking about an hour and fifteen. i got there and was on the course at about 9:15 but got a flat about 30 sec in and didnt get a chance to do a run until my quali. a quick fall in a slow section kept me from qualifying but i will for sure be back next year i cant wait!

so you flew across the country in a hurry and didn't even qualify?
and you're happy with that?

sure bet your parents are just thrilled about that though.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
How the hell am I wrong, I never said they where race results, Saturday is Quali days usually. So I just posted those ones up as I wasn't doing much else with my time. Chur!
Welll, you know what I meant, you didn't use the word "qualifying" which would be the norm :P For all I know (as a non-USofA-er) sunday is XC day or something!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Just want to wish all the riders good luck this afternoon!!

I'm sitting here back in MA unfortunately because my rides had to leave early today in the am and my wheel exploded during my qualifying run meaning no racing for me today :nopity:

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008

from New Brunswick NJ it will be about 2 hours to Vernon Valley/Mtn Creek/Diablo unless there's no traffic and all the lights are green. New Brunswick is crowded and full of traffic lights and roundabouts until you get on the highway. You can take highway roads to just outside Vernon, once you exit the highway you're back on traffic lighted roads, many of them small with low speed limits. It may look like a quick shot on a map, but you won't be doing 70 mph the whole way that's for sure.

you sure you don't mean Newark and not New Brunswick? there's no large airport in New Brunswick, not the sort that would take commercial carrier flights from Sea-Tac.

from New Brunswick Nova Scotia you'd be better off with a helicopter, it's a long way. :D
New Brunswick Nova Scotia eh? Your maps down their must be alot different then the ones we have up here.
Those are 2 seperate provinces.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
New Brunswick Nova Scotia eh? Your maps down their must be alot different then the ones we have up here.
Those are 2 seperate provinces.
thank you for being the 2d person to remind me that my general description wasn't Canuck-correct. the point was New Brunswick way up the coast or New Brunswick in the middle of New Jersey. I wasn't trying to get an A on Canuck geography, so feel free to give me an F.:biggrin: