Quantcast

US Open Pro DH and Giant Slalom Video

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yeah pinning the throttle doesnt do much without a engine.

mitch ate it pretty hard.damn

another great vid!
another great vid indeed, thanks mang.

re pinning the throttle... I've noticed some of the guys doing this off some of the big senders in WC races before and I kinda figured they were grabbing a fistful of gears so they could sprint to the finish (specifically, I think it was Maribor in 09, I remember quite clearly a drop (or step-down) out of the woods into a sweeping right hander and into the finish area, and Leov and Fabian grabbed a bunch of gears in mid air - it looked like they were twisting the throttle - you could tell the difference in speed between them and the others who hadn't shifted in the air once they hit the ground again)

edited to add: I just checked (http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttvfinally-episode-4.html) and it was indeed at Maribor. Check Leov as he's in the air. kinda funny! anyways, I didn't want to derail the thread, but I suppose it's a good opportunity to watch old videos once again!

Last edited:

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
another great vid indeed, thanks mang.

re pinning the throttle... I've noticed some of the guys doing this off some of the big senders in WC races before and I kinda figured they were grabbing a fistful of gears so they could sprint to the finish (specifically, I think it was Maribor in 09, I remember quite clearly a drop (or step-down) out of the woods into a sweeping right hander and into the finish area, and Leov and Fabian grabbed a bunch of gears in mid air - it looked like they were twisting the throttle - you could tell the difference in speed between them and the others who hadn't shifted in the air once they hit the ground again)

edited to add: I just checked (http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttvfinally-episode-4.html) and it was indeed at Maribor. Check Leov as he's in the air. kinda funny! anyways, I didn't want to derail the thread, but I suppose it's a good opportunity to watch old videos once again!

Didn't even think of that, makes sense.

damn...already page 2 death here. No one likes videos these days apparently

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
We are just too spoiled with too many vids these days - that was pretty damn sweet though! It got me pumped without a cheesy 'pump up' vibe, if that makes any sense. Nice work.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Gunner, enjoyed the video as always. Sick editing and footage. Don't let the amount of views on Ridemonkey discourage you, 'cause some of us like me love these videos!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just watched it again, and man, your video was the one that really showed me the gnarliness of the rock garden the best of all the vids. The slow-mo, the composition, the editing really brought it out nice.

I'm surprised none of the big teams picked you up. Keep this up and it won't be long though.

thanks for the great vid...