Quantcast

us open rentals

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
I posting this for my cousin because he wants to do the U.S open but knows his all mountain bike wont handle the race. He has enough experience to do the race. Can you still rent a bike during the 3 days of the U.S. open?

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I think as long as he places a reservation on a rental a few days ahead of time he should be able to have a rental bike available to him every day that weekend. It may not be the same bike each day but it'll be early in the season so all the rentals should have all the same parts at that point (I think as the season wears on and parts on the rental bikes break they replace them with what's cheap/available, which is why one of the rental sundays last year had those huge mag wheels on it).

However, it's probably not a good idea for your cousin to do a race like the US Open on a bike he's never ridden before that weekend. There's still time to get a fairly cheap used DH bike to get comfortable with over the next few months rather than spend over 300 bucks on rentals for that weekend. Maybe he should also think about starting with a smaller race such as one of the diablo domination races, since it sounds like he's new to DH.

Also, there is no such thing in the english language as "you'r".

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
I think as long as he places a reservation on a rental a few days ahead of time he should be able to have a rental bike available to him every day that weekend. It may not be the same bike each day but it'll be early in the season so all the rentals should have all the same parts at that point (I think as the season wears on and parts on the rental bikes break they replace them with what's cheap/available, which is why one of the rental sundays last year had those huge mag wheels on it).

However, it's probably not a good idea for your cousin to do a race like the US Open on a bike he's never ridden before that weekend. There's still time to get a fairly cheap used DH bike to get comfortable with over the next few months rather than spend over 300 bucks on rentals for that weekend. Maybe he should also think about starting with a smaller race such as one of the diablo domination races, since it sounds like he's new to DH.

Also, there is no such thing in the english language as "you'r".
Thanks I'll let him know. The sad thing about me putting "you'r" is that thats been there for about a year and I havent even realized it was like that.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
hopefully he doesnt get one of the beat up iron horses from the past few years. if he can qualify (top 75 AM's out of the houndreds that enter) that'll be a site to see

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
The rental bikes this season are going to be all Jamis. They look pretty sweet too, they come spec'd with a 40 up front i believe.

I think the Sundays and 7points were sold, at least the ones that were in saleable condition.