Quantcast

US Open results

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
awesome!! Thanks for posting the pics/results Corey; I'm still recovering from the weekend. Suffice to say it was an amazing trip.... the tally for what the DC area crew managed to whack runs something like:
1 broken foot
1 concussion
1 handlebar
1 hussefelt crankarm
1 hope front brake
1 rear der
1 chain
1 der hanger
1 seatpost
1 keg of Fosters
~110 gallons of gas

Does it really get any better than that?

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
this weekend was a blast! other than friday at times the weather was great. the course was in world cup condition,and the place really has its sh!t together. they had the race times down to the second!! and everything was on time. team XXL had a good showing,with i believe everyone qualifing. had a blast!!!!

BUT after the race, stoneysnake and i were headed to snowshoe to ride monday, but didn't quite make it there. coming down 81 about to hit 70, brad hit something in the road and it put a hole in my gas tank. we made it to a motel thank goodness. it was the waynesboro pa. exit. WHITE TAIL. we just happen to be from waynesboro va. isn't that neat. so we get a room,and the next morning we get this puddy at the truck stop, plug up the hole and make it home. it was one hell of a good time at the race though. so good that the gas tank problem didn't seem like that big a deal. we were only about two hours from home.

OH YEA DINK!! I BEAT YOU I BEAT YOU I BEAT YOU!!!!

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
That's funny, I don't remember any of that!?!? It was an awesome trip. Dont forget to add the untensioning of my rear rim twice. I am taking this entire week to heal.
later,
--z--

Originally posted by DßR
awesome!! Thanks for posting the pics/results Corey; I'm still recovering from the weekend. Suffice to say it was an amazing trip.... the tally for what the DC area crew managed to whack runs something like:
1 broken foot
1 concussion
1 handlebar
1 hussefelt crankarm
1 hope front brake
1 rear der
1 chain
1 der hanger
1 seatpost
1 keg of Fosters
~110 gallons of gas

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by banche
this weekend was a blast! other than friday at times the weather was great. the course was in world cup condition,and the place really has its sh!t together. they had the race times down to the second!! and everything was on time. team XXL had a good showing,with i believe everyone qualifing. had a blast!!!!

BUT after the race, stoneysnake and i were headed to snowshoe to ride monday, but didn't quite make it there. coming down 81 about to hit 70, brad hit something in the road and it put a hole in my gas tank. we made it to a motel thank goodness. it was the waynesboro pa. exit. WHITE TAIL. we just happen to be from waynesboro va. isn't that neat. so we get a room,and the next morning we get this puddy at the truck stop, plug up the hole and make it home. it was one hell of a good time at the race though. so good that the gas tank problem didn't seem like that big a deal. we were only about two hours from home.

OH YEA DINK!! I BEAT YOU I BEAT YOU I BEAT YOU!!!!
I guess I'm glad I didn't tag along with you guys:D

We would have had a great showing if I didn't flat and Milby and Stoney didn't crash. All of us would have been in the top 10:dead: I REALLY wanted a Mudsack;)

We'll have to represent at Snowshoe I guess!

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Originally posted by DßR
1 broken foot
1 concussion
1 handlebar
1 hussefelt crankarm
1 hope front brake
1 rear der
1 chain
1 der hanger
1 seatpost
1 keg of Fosters
~110 gallons of gas

Man, that is a high water mark to beat for next weekend! I guess we will just have to push ourselves!

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by DßR
1 broken foot
1 concussion
1 handlebar
1 hussefelt crankarm
1 hope front brake
1 rear der
1 chain
1 der hanger
1 seatpost
1 keg of Fosters
~110 gallons of gas

who broke their foot???

plus, you should add:
1 semi-concussion (me - had a bit of a headache for the rest of the day)
many many many bruises :)

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by kirstin
who broke their foot???

plus, you should add:
1 semi-concussion (me - had a bit of a headache for the rest of the day)
many many many bruises :)
Ben - but I think he'll be okay in a few weeks.... they didn't even give him a cast.

Did you knock your head? Is that how you got the flash-gordon thing going on? Sorry to hear that but I guess you're okay now.... Zach is still trying to remember where he left his car keys and whether any of us saw his crash...;)

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Any pics besides those of the race runs?

Cheers to everyone for a great showing at the race! :thumb:

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
That course was almost the definition of a race course to me. The berms were completely off the hook and the upper rock sections were great to make you take the right line, or else.... As John from Hcor said, it was a great mating of East vs. West coast style courses. The only thing I would have liked to have seen would be a few more bigger drops, but that probably couldn't happen since everyone rode the same course.

Helluva job Diablo:thumb:

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by DßR
Ben - but I think he'll be okay in a few weeks.... they didn't even give him a cast.

Did you knock your head? Is that how you got the flash-gordon thing going on? Sorry to hear that but I guess you're okay now.... Zach is still trying to remember where he left his car keys and whether any of us saw his crash...;)
that sucks about ben's foot - did it happen in his race run?

and yeah, i smacked the hell out of my head in that rock garden on my final practice run, apparently most of the people standing around didn't think i was going to get up ;) that is, in fact, how the flash gordon thing happened - we'll see if it actually gets me my pic in mtb magazine as promised \m/

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
hey kirstin, i got the end of your race run on film w/ the flash gordon style. it looks sweet. I hope to do something with the video and post in a few.
--z--

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Holy cow! Everybody raced so well! Way to go! Yeah, let those northerners know who's boss!!!

Kirstin, what bike are you riding in that pic? It looks... like... weird. :)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by sguhrofst8
hey kirstin, i got the end of your race run on film w/ the flash gordon style. it looks sweet. I hope to do something with the video and post in a few.
--z--
oh cool! i can't wait to see it...

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
Holy cow! Everybody raced so well! Way to go! Yeah, let those northerners know who's boss!!!

Kirstin, what bike are you riding in that pic? It looks... like... weird. :)
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the guys in the cannondale tent took pity on me and my death-trap of a scalpel (nearly died quite a few times on friday, especially since it was so muddy), and leant me a SWEET SWEET SWEET gemini 2000 :)

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
so perceptive, we are!

(looks like you had a great weekend too... with your cool new blue bike and fried PBJs)
oh yeah! the BBQ and fried PBJ was as good as the riding... well, almost.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the guys in the cannondale tent took pity on me and my death-trap of a scalpel (nearly died quite a few times on friday, especially since it was so muddy), and leant me a SWEET SWEET SWEET gemini 2000 :)
Woo, I sure hijacked this thread sorry.

Glad you got to test ride a Gemini! How'd you like it?

I wish the store I ride for carried Cannondale. (Trail's End sells Kona and Specialized.)

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
that sucks about ben's foot - did it happen in his race run?

yep, dislocated my shoulder twice and fractured a bone in my right foot all in my race run and still managed to pull a time of 4:23 out my a$$. better watch out when i get healthy :sneaky:

b

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
1 broken foot
1 concussion
1 handlebar
1 hussefelt crankarm
1 hope front brake
1 rear der
1 chain
1 der hanger
1 seatpost
1 keg of Fosters
~110 gallons of gas

I will add some things to this list...

1 twelve pack of PBR
1 twelve pack of Coors Light
2 citronella candles
a couple of bags of trash
Mark's toe
bathroom in wherethehellareweville New Jersey
Adams bank account from broken parts
lots of fire wood........

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Animal Mother
yep, dislocated my shoulder twice and fractured a bone in my right foot all in my race run and still managed to pull a time of 4:23 out my a$$. better watch out when i get healthy :sneaky:

b
ouch! and that's definitely amazing you made such good time with all those injuries... wow.

so how long you out for? or are you going to be all super-bad-a$$ and ride anyway? ;)

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
ouch! and that's definitely amazing you made such good time with all those injuries... wow.

so how long you out for? or are you going to be all super-bad-a$$ and ride anyway? ;)
doc says if it heals properly I should be back full force within 4 weeks, if not I'll need to get pin put in it and it will take longer to heal.
i'm walking on it with no cast and the pain is deminshing rapidly so I'm going to say I'll be good to go in a few weeks... I was out pedling around last night, it's actually much easier to ride than walk... just won't be taking any 10' drops or riding E for the next few weeks...