Quantcast

USA Cycling Development Camps?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Anyone have an opinion on these? I know most people are anti-NORBA, but has anyone gone to one? Or know someone who has gone to one?

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
MtnbikeMike said:
Anyone have an opinion on these? I know most people are anti-NORBA, but has anyone gone to one? Or know someone who has gone to one?
I went to one...fairly worthwhile, but VERY expensive for what you're getting. If you've got the money to throw at it, I'd suggest it, It's a blast...but otherwise, save your money for racing.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I've been to one regional and two national camps. They are a blast and I highly recommend it. The national camps have so much talent and potential. You get to ride with Ned Overend, Shonny Vanlandingham, Todd Wells, Elka Brutsaert(?), and whoever else is in town. The riding is great and the people are so nice and freakin fast! Plus if you finish in the top 3 at the national camp, you get to go to the Pan-Am Championships and the Olympic Training Center.

peace, Mike

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
One of the kids who works/races for our shop will be attending a Junior road cycling development camp... I know he had to qualify to get in. Thats all I know for now.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Thanks for the info, guys. I recieved an invite from USAC, and doesn't say I have to get a certain placing. But maybe they're going off of what I did last year. I sounds like fun, and I'll probably do it.