Quantcast

USA Cycling Elections - Get out the vote!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Hi everyone, just a friendly reminder that USA Cycling elections have begun and are posted on the usacycling.org site. To vote, just log-in under the "My USA Cycling" area.

Up for election are two fellow ridemonkey members are downhillers, Dan McDonald (for Promoter Trustee) and myself Todd Seplavy (for Industry Trustee). We both kindly appreciate your vote and support as fellow racers and look forward to serving you on the Mountain Bike Board of Trustees.

Please pass this along to your friends who race and urge them to participate and have their voices heard with the board.

Thank you for your continued support!

-ska todd

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
So Todd, as an Industry Trustee, what exactly are the responsibilities that that position entails?
Jon, basically I am elected to represent the greater bicycle industry's views and concerns regarding mountain bike racing in the US. Of course, I like to consider myself a bit more diverse than just that though and like to have the concerns of the more progressive side of the sport (DH, gated racing, freeride, all mtn) brought to the table. :)

One of my personal points when I first ran for the board spot was to do a lot better job of communicating membership's needs directly to the board and open a dialogue more directly. The board is made up of riders, racers, and fans and are all members themselves so everyone can relate but in the past maybe some things were getting caught-up in the echo-chamber and became removed from the actual concerns of racers, promoters, teams, and sponsors.

Hope that helps to clarify so things!

-ska todd

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I appreciated the part in your candidate statement about re-embracing the gravity disciplines and helping to grow those ranks. It's so refreshing to have an 'insider's insider' like you on the board. Good luck.

(Oops, realized I had up your 07 candidate statement - - damn google! - - oh well, still holds true)

Last edited: