Quantcast

USA MTB Championship 29er sightings...

Toddre

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Good Ole CT
Every year I make the trip up to Mount Snow to watch the pros race in what ever kind of national race trudges through there. Some years I participate in the anmateur races but the last few years but nagging little injuries (OK, laziness and me not really taking care of myself) have prevented me from racing the last few years.
Saturday was the Expert and pro XC races. Everytime it's a smattering of
29ers and it seemed Special Ed Epics ruled the roost (especially in the expert race)
Well not this year! 29ers rules the roost in the expert race. Want a Superfly and wonder where they all went? Well they were in VT. Holy Crap where there alot of them. Niner bikes took the expert cake though with what seemed to be alot of Sho-Air riders on their bikes. What was interesting was the fact that all the Niners were rocking Manitou forks. You don't hear of them too much. Maybe we need to get a Ride Monkey review set up on one.:thumb:
The Fisher team all rode their Superflys and the Fisher 29er crew were there representin' with the LeLonde Bros. on the SS Superflys (incredible watching them climb with the one gear) and Micheal Patrick still being an inspiration.
Trebon was there riding his new 29er too.
Saw a fair amount of Cannondales, Hifi's, Mamasita's, a Dos (you don't hear about them that much anymore),an Inbred and a sweet looking Quiring.
It looks like the 29er movement is catching up to the racing crowd. Three of the top five positions were on 29ers.
Sorry, I forgot my camera so no pics....:imstupid:

Last edited by a moderator:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Thanks for the 29er report Todd. Hope you were able to find some cool shady spots to watch yesterday. It was a friggin scorcher!

Regarding the Manitou Minute - We'll be able to give fellow Monkeys the scoop during the Canzo 29er review as the Canzo came with a 100mm Minute up front.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Nice to see so many 29ers there last weekend and even better to see Trebon do so well on the wheels we built for the occasion (1350g). Adam Craig owns that course though even running a 1x9 with a 32t and tensioner/bash plate setup. Side note, he owns a 29er as well but can't race one until Giant does something.

I did get out to do a few night laps on my Racer X 29, fun course. The house I rented had a Kona, Niner One9, Jet 9, Funk La Ruta 29, Superfly and EMD 9 along with my Racer X in the garage.

Toddre

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Good Ole CT
Yeah, it was a fun race to watch...especially the ladies, quite the ending.
The vibe at the last few races (at Snow anyways) seems to be fading more and more. Not as many vendors, spectators, etc.
I think there needs to be a new venew (spelling?) here in New England and let Snow retool. Killington maybe?
Or change the National and Series format to a more "festival" feel (ala Sea Otter) to get more people to go. Not all the races need to be up big mountains...lol...

Last edited: