Quantcast

USA racing baby

zzsean

Chimp
Jun 29, 2007
Boulder, CO
All the way down to 12th before you find a non-commonwealth country racer.

Apparently having a Queen somewhere in your government system makes you a faster DH Racer!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So the above are not actually the finish placings, but standings... Yeah, that was clear. :rolleyes:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
So the above are not actually the finish placings, but standings... Yeah, that was clear. :rolleyes:
Yeah that rank thing and total points that go in descending order that add up to the points for each of the 4 races already complete, I missed that one too.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Kinda sad that this counts as "good" for the US riders, but for now, it'll have to do.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Kinda sad that this counts as "good" for the US riders, but for now, it'll have to do.
I don't think its sad. Gwinny is on his 2nd season racing DH. He's raced BMX and moto, but only 2 years on a DH bike. Lots of these guys he's up against have been on the WC serious for 5+ years. Give him a year or two and he'll be right in there.

And he's a super chill guy in person, so its some one I definitely cheer for. And its not like either of these guys are having a one race fluke and hitting the top 20. They're both doing it consistently. EF YEAH!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I think he meant that as a whole country the US shouldn't be satisfied with just a 9th place. Aim for the podium lads...

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
yeah, I think it is obvious that we want them on the podium but seeing as how the American race scene is more or less just rebuilding its self this is a great start. We are seeing steady improvement so going from hope to success isn't that far away.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I think he meant that as a whole country the US shouldn't be satisfied with just a 9th place. Aim for the podium lads...
You're speaking to a bunch of people who talk sh!t on the internet all day. Im sure the guys that are actually RACING the world cup circuit are doing just that.....