Quantcast

USA USA USA >>>> Freedom Tuesday GTM >>>>>>

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It’s Denmark everything is provided by the state. At work you only get 8% pension and 6 weeks vacation. You will also have to get used to 37 hour work week.
i work a way better job than shane and this is way better than my benefits package.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It’s Denmark everything is provided by the state. At work you only get 8% pension and 6 weeks vacation. You will also have to get used to 37 hour work week.
What does an 8% pension mean? I'm not sure I could cut down to only having that much time off, too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
seriously?
To me pension means defined benefit. Maybe it's just ESL and he means a defined contribution plan with 8% (but from him? the employer? at what match?) but that's unclear even in that case.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
8% contribution from the employer and we can an additional 4% we can use as salary or as retirement savings.
Is there a Social Security type system as well? Will you have issues given that you moved back recently? For SS they take your 30 highest earning years into account into the formula, so if you worked less than 30 years while paying into the system you would get 0s logged for the shortfall.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Is there a Social Security type system as well? Will you have issues given that you moved back recently? For SS they take your 30 highest earning years into account into the formula, so if you worked less than 30 years while paying into the system you would get 0s logged for the shortfall.
There is a state pension but its not much and our time out of the country might effect the amount if get any at all. Its not income based.