Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Don Cherry was on the phone on SportsCenter today and said there was "no doubt" Canada would still win the gold.

So there you go.
Whew, I'm glad that's settled. It'll save me the trouble of watching the remaining games. :think:

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Don Cherry was on the phone on SportsCenter today and said there was "no doubt" Canada would still win the gold.

So there you go.
Why would anyone expect different. Look at him...

He is still making excuses for the World Junior defeat on Coaches Corner.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
If you're lucky maybe even your woman's hockey team might win too....

They should just skip all the women's preliminary round games and instead have a 7 game series between the US Women and the Canadian Women. That would be way more entertaining than the ridiculous scores that were put up in the majority of the US and Canadian preliminary round games.

Peacock

Chimp
Oct 23, 2009
Rossland, BC
After reading this column I sincerely hope that Canada comes back and destroys the US in the finals...if either of us get there....
I am a huge canadian hockey fan, but the US deserved the win simply on the grounds that Miller played an amazing game and Canada struggled from the opening frame. And how the fuuudge did corey perry manage to let kesler score on the open net? that was pathetic...but an amazing play by kesler no doubt.
Hopefully it will wake up that team of all stars and they'll start playing like a team.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Of course...but it would make Syd nuts.
I am a little scared for Sid if they do get dropped by the Russians and he comes away with nothing, hell anything but a gold. I have a feeling that when he comes back to the Pens it may take some time to get over that. I am going to pick the Russians tomorrow. Canada with 3 games in 4 nights is going to be too much. Who's the goalie tomorrow?

Russians over Canada 5-4

I don't see why the Americans can't beat them again if they meet or anybody. They definitely have the easier route to the final. Granted the Canadians have a way better team on paper but that is nothing when they have to play as a team. Everyone in the media is making that past game out to be such a big upset and it really was not. Go though the USA roster and they are for the most really good young NHL players. I don't know where people are getting that the USA is a team of minor league and KHL hacks.

The team that has seemed to be forgotten is team Sweden. They have not really had any convincing wins but man do they have some dormant fire power and a solid d. I guess with them the only thing is Lundqvist and his consistency.

rockarollah

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
Waterloo, ON
There we go, much more like it from Canada. Hell, even Pronger played well...

I can't wait to see the next game. This is intense, more trainer time coming up...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Officer, I would like to file a missing persons report for team Russia. Their d was horrible and the backchecking, well they looked like a bunch of typical Russians. Ovechkin, Malkin, and Kovalchuk did not do anything and Canada made them pay.

Well just more time for the Canadians to get their hopes up.

One other thing Boyle is a bitch for that move with a couple of minutes left.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Interesting...the US wins their game but all the US sports news outlets are talking about is the Canada destruction of Russia. Based on that Canadian performance yesterday, the US is screwed if they meet again.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Interesting...the US wins their game but all the US sports news outlets are talking about is the Canada destruction of Russia. Based on that Canadian performance yesterday, the US is screwed if they meet again.
Nabokov is a mid-rate goaltender at best. Their coach should have pulled him after he gave up the first four goals - big mistake there.

The US plays with speed and a lot more grit than the Russians showed last night. If the US does have a re-match with Canada I predict another classic battle and a close game.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Does anyone care about the women's game tonight? I'll watch. :monkey: All I know is that these are the two best teams but I can't offer up any further IAB scouting report/analysis.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
It was a good hit by Semin IMHO, but given the time and situation was totally uncalled for and was Busch league. As much as I would like to say that Boyle should be handed a suspension, there are alot worse things I would put ahead of that when it comes to "attempt to injure". It was very dangerous, and I think that some sort of penalty should be sanctioned, but that right there is why people are proponents of fighting.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I thought Semins hit was a bit late...Boyle had released the puck. BUT that does not in ANY way validate Boyles response. Had it been the close game it should have been, that would not have happened. Childish and immature response from Boyle. What are you taught from day 1 of check hockey? Dont retaliate????