Quantcast

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Yep. Should be suspended...deliberate attempt to injure, anyone?
I think he should get suspended. He probably would get a game or two in the NHL. The thing is that it was a clean hit. The arms and elbows were down and Boyle had just gotten the pass off as he was getting hit. Then Eddy O is saying it was a dirty hit. Don't they have monitors in there box? I don't think it was deliberate attempt to injure but slew footing is one of the more dangerous things you can do when someone is not expecting anything.

That is just a picture of things to come if they would take out fighting. Because you know Boyle would have it coming his next shift from the Caps tough guy.

Canada will probably win the game tonight, they have beaten the USA 7 out of 10 this year. You guys think the women should still be in the Olympics?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I love Bryzgalov:

"What I think?" said Bryzgalov, asked what he was thinking on the bench. "I'm thinking, 'uh oh.'

"They came like gorillas out of a cage ... we didn't give ourselves a chance."

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Does anyone care about the women's game tonight? I'll watch. :monkey: All I know is that these are the two best teams but I can't offer up any further IAB scouting report/analysis.
I'll be watching - it should be great hockey. They should have just skipped the prelim rounds and had these two teams play a best of 5 or 7 over two weeks! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It was a good hit by Semin IMHO, but given the time and situation was totally uncalled for and was Busch league. As much as I would like to say that Boyle should be handed a suspension, there are alot worse things I would put ahead of that when it comes to "attempt to injure". It was very dangerous, and I think that some sort of penalty should be sanctioned, but that right there is why people are proponents of fighting.
I agree that Semin's hit may not have even been a penalty in a close game. But the score dictated that he could have pulled back or not made that hit at all. With that said - Boyle's reaction to the hit was something you'd expect from some young kid playing Midget hockey not from a professional.

What are your guys' take on the little nudge by Volchenkov on Staal earlier in the third period that sent Staal crashing hard into the boards. Those little cheap plays piss me off more than something like Semin's hit on Boyle.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think he should get suspended. He probably would get a game or two in the NHL. The thing is that it was a clean hit. The arms and elbows were down and Boyle had just gotten the pass off as he was getting hit. Then Eddy O is saying it was a dirty hit. Don't they have monitors in there box? I don't think it was deliberate attempt to injure but slew footing is one of the more dangerous things you can do when someone is not expecting anything.

That is just a picture of things to come if they would take out fighting. Because you know Boyle would have it coming his next shift from the Caps tough guy.

Canada will probably win the game tonight, they have beaten the USA 7 out of 10 this year. You guys think the women should still be in the Olympics?

yes the women should definitely be in the olympics in hockey. What needs to happen is for other countries and the IIHF to invest more into making the women's game more competitive. It will take time, but it can happen. If they take it out of the Olympics it will be a much tougher battle to try and improve competition throughout the world. IMHO.

I can't wait to watch the game tonight - it should be exciting hockey.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Great game, Canadian crowd was VERY classy chantng for the USA in the medal ceremony. A couple of the USA skaters are pretty hot...definitely one of the hottest goalies I have ever seen. :thumb::banana::brows:

Peacock

Chimp
Oct 23, 2009
Rossland, BC
the canadian goalie was really impressive all game. she made a couple of huge glove saves early on that were real game changers. also great to see the amount of respect between the teams though and I have yet to see a, uhh satirical, editorial out of Jim Caple since Canada won 4 medals on thursday, 1-2 in bobsled after crushing the russians in hockey! follow that up with today's win in and if you want to talk about "adversity", if he thinks shaun white hitting his face on a jump (he is an extreme sports athlete, after all) is an example of it, how about joanne rochette's mother dying unexpectedly a few days prior to her event....
really looking forward to the rest of the games, especially the curling and hockey...as stereotypical as that sounds :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

Gilbert Felli, the IOC's executive director of the Olympic Games, says he was unaware of the incidents until informed by an Associated Press reporter. He says drinking in public by athletes at an Olympic venue is "not what we want to see" and not a good image for sports values. Felli says the IOC will talk to the international hockey federation and Canadian Olympic Committee and then "act accordingly."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/26/canadian-hockey-celebrati_n_477665.html

The only thing worse these girls could have done to embarrass their country is to take off their jerseys and lounge around in their sports bras...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatever...let them have their moment. I am the Canadian public will forgive them. Screw the IOC and all the haters.
weRd. For women's hockey, that's like the Super Bowl or World Series. It's the biggest championship they could win. Let them enjoy it. When baseball players stand on the dugout and shower fans with champagne and beer, nobody seems to give a schit.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
The only thing worse these girls could have done to embarrass their country is to take off their jerseys and lounge around in their sports bras...
Or maybe something like this?

:rolleyes:

Congrats to the ladies for their Gold medal. Now pressure is on the boys to do the same!

Go Kanaduh! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think they had the right to celebrate like that - however they should have kept it in their locker room and not out in the middle of center ice - dumb move.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Some idiot on the tv was saying they were drinking Coors Light and smoking...if that was true, I would be offended! Coors Light? Blechh...

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey, I made some trips to Canada when I was 19/20 to take advantage of the drinking age. I'd drink whatever beer I could get my hands on. You expect them to be drinking La Fin du Monde or something?

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Congrats to the Canadian women and the IOC needs to go f themselves. That was the top sports news story on CNN this morning. I don't even think they talked about the game at all. Seriously that is the most important thing that happened the past day in the Olympics? This will probably give the IOC that much more to take the women's games out of the Olympics.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Hooo baby, USA scored quick against Finland. Can't wait for the USA/Can match for gold. that is, if can makes it.

edit: correction, scored TWICE already

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
6-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and not even 13 mins into the game.

I watched Finland and Belarus in person last Wed and Finland spanked them. Fin was clearly superior. Now it's like the the same game but flipped.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
There's talk of eliminating women's hockey because "the competition isn't there" (since the US and Canada crushed anyone they played). If that's the case, they should just eliminate men's hockey as well, since this isn't exactly "competitive"...