Quantcast

usacycling licence $$ for semi pro?

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
You do not have to buy an international license when obtaining a Semi-Pro license. Not sure of the price as I haven't renewed yet this year. I believe it's the same as the Expert license, like $60.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Last time I bought a semi license, it was $75, definately don't have to buy international, but eh, what could it hurt, other than (of course) your pocket book......

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
if you have a semi-pro license, will they let you race pro? i don't want to shell out again for an international license to just race like 3 usa cycling races a year.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
if you have a semi-pro license, will they let you race pro? i don't want to shell out again for an international license to just race like 3 usa cycling races a year.
If you are pro, you have to buy a pro license, or get downgraded to semi. The only races on the entire planet that have semi-pro classes are the NMBS races and US nats. If you aren't doing any of those you could petition to be downgraded I suppose...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM

for pro you will need a international.
i was sick of paying so i downgraded to semi b/c i
am ONLY racing veto pro this year @ MSC.

150 is rediculoius !

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
If you are pro, you have to buy a pro license, or get downgraded to semi. The only races on the entire planet that have semi-pro classes are the NMBS races and US nats. If you aren't doing any of those you could petition to be downgraded I suppose...
non nmbs MSC races have a semi pro only class.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
for pro you will need a international.
i was sick of paying so i downgraded to semi b/c i
am ONLY racing veto pro this year @ MSC.

150 is rediculoius !
:) I have a semi-pro license, but I had to buy the UCI license for my Cat 1 cross classification and yes, $150 for a license is BS

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
sounds like I need to get downgraded then. there's no way I'm paying $150 for a license.
thats what i did, i'm semi now but the site still asks i pay for international. i am not. i'll buy at tha race site and pay 75.