Quantcast

usb stem p*rn and stats

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
got the stem Lee sent me installed late last week. I weighed it against the thomson it was replacing and here are the stats:

thomson: 250 grams w/ hardware
usb stem: 210 grams w/ hardware and clamping mechanism
(scale used)

I didn't think there was much out there lighter than the thomson. I'd gotten really used to it over the last year or so, so it takes a lot for me to switch it out. The usb stem is a tad shorter than the thomson. The steerer clamp mechanism of the usb stem works flawless. It's a very basic/simple/well thought-out stem. I don't have any beef with fit. It feels right at home on the ltf. [/review]

Here's some product shots of it mounted on the bike.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
the answer is yes, the design and the weight are both nice aspects of the stem IMO. my opinion is a little biased b/c I've been a fan of usb stuff for years but at the same time, I really like my thomson stem and I took it off to run this. that's significant to me.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Nice pics! I played around with a lots of b&w shots of my old T1 progression in college when I took photography. I think my professor got sick of bikes, riding shots, and trails, but I didn't care.

Stem looks sweet as well!

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
Looks great! I really wanted this stem also but found out my steerer tube (Molly's) ain't tall enough.

I have a bmx too and it also has this Thomson stem but that thing stays!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
tough decision on the colors. also, you bumping this thread reminds me that I should post a ride report from this past Sunday afternoon. Hit up some street. tried some stuff that I prolly shouldn't have since I haven't ridden in so long. took a couple hard slams and the bike hit the ground harder than I did on one. bars never slipped in the stem, stem never slipped on the steerer. usb hit a homerun with this one.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I am really impressed with the stem too... I got the USB bars too and those feel great, so far they are my fav 3" rise-ish bars ever.