Quantcast

Used car lots...........subaru

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
my subaru knowledge isn't that great but I believe that's a 22B. a 2.2 liter turbo. a predecesor to the WRX that we got in the US. pretty sick rally car.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dfinn said:
my subaru knowledge isn't that great but I believe that's a 22B. a 2.2 liter turbo. a predecesor to the WRX that we got in the US. pretty sick rally car.
The two door RS were my favorite.

Ralph Lauren Battleship Grey looks nice on the newer ones....

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
dfinn said:
Far more likely it's a 2.5rs with some stickers, a front fascia, and rims. Still, looks good, how much?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
did they have a NA 2.5RS over there like the one we got? You could be right but it looks to me like it has all the extra bits of the 22B.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
dfinn said:
did they have a NA 2.5RS over there like the one we got? You could be right but it looks to me like it has all the extra bits of the 22B.
from the outside, a glanze at the brakes one can know for sure if its a factory turbo or not.

but i do have a feeling thats (at least) a standard turbo impreza if not a 22b.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
what's the difference between the "standard turbo imprezza" and the 22b? Was the 22b sold to joe shmoe at the dealership?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
dfinn said:
what's the difference between the "standard turbo imprezza" and the 22b? Was the 22b sold to joe shmoe at the dealership?
i´m not exactly sure, but i have seen 98-99 (like this seems to be by the headlights) turbo imprezas (2 doors and a lot more 4 doors) that do not have 2.2 liter engines (the 22b).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
http://www.22b.com/22bstory.htm#

you and i will probably never see a real 22b. and the pictured one doesn't look to be a widebody so, as another poster noted, is likely an rs w/ a body kit, gross vinyl, a big wing, a cosmetic? roof scoop, and some bbs wheels. it also has no front mounted intercooler so was either a turbo from the factory or remains normally aspirated.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Toshi said:

you and i will probably never see a real 22b. and the pictured one doesn't look to be a widebody so, as another poster noted, is likely an rs w/ a body kit, gross vinyl, a big wing, a cosmetic? roof scoop, and some bbs wheels. it also has no front mounted intercooler so was either a turbo from the factory or remains normally aspirated.
Thanks.

I just noticed the snorkel on the roof....

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Thats not an RS. Most likely a euro-spec wrx (still with 276hp) with the kit to replica the WRC cars of the time. Definitely not a 22b or RS though.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Toshi said:

i once saw a real one in la paz, bolivia. owned by an american diplomat stationed there. and left hand drive to top.
the owner was friends of a peruvian petrolhead diplomat i knew. it was a 100% real 22b.

pretty awesomest.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
stevew said:
Post up a picture of your truck. I'd need something to judge it against.
I just drive a stock 2001 Chevy Silverado Z-71. Definitely no frills, but not stupid looking like that Subie. The purpose of my truck is for hauling construction materials, bikes, pulling my boat and driving to the snow.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
so what's the purpose of yr wife's Denali then? pull two boats? :wave:
That pulls the boat too. Actually it pulls the boat better than my truck. Plus it's easier to pile in more people to go boating. But what does this have to do with a ghey looking Subie?

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
HaveFaith said:
Thats not an RS. Most likely a euro-spec wrx (still with 276hp) with the kit to replica the WRC cars of the time. Definitely not a 22b or RS though.
Why would you say its not an RS? From what I know it looks like a 2 door '98/'99? RS (it doesn't have the larger foglights that were on the '00/'01 RS). Unless it was brought into the country I believe only the 2.5 RS was available to US buyers untill '02 when the body style changed and the WRX was brought in.

*Edit* From looking at it again, (thought about this as I was typing the origional message) HaveFaith is probably right that it is not an RS. All '98-'01 RS have sunroofs. This being though about, its either something brought into the country or a regular Impreza with quite a bit of modification (hopefully engine as well as body).

Awsome looking car though, would be neet to see whats under the hood.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. Let him be. He & the wife love big, gas guzzling vehicles. Some folks just love big cars. :oink:
if he's gonna sh!t all over a thread of people enjoying small cars, then he gets the :nuts:

RideSiK

Chimp
Apr 23, 2002
australia
ive been in an origenal 22b

number 35x... 3hundred50somethng...

there was only 400made

meh fast, but not as fast as some wrxs ive been in...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
WSU DH'er said:
Why would you say its not an RS? From what I know it looks like a 2 door '98/'99? RS (it doesn't have the larger foglights that were on the '00/'01 RS). Unless it was brought into the country I believe only the 2.5 RS was available to US buyers untill '02 when the body style changed and the WRX was brought in.

*Edit* From looking at it again, (thought about this as I was typing the origional message) HaveFaith is probably right that it is not an RS. All '98-'01 RS have sunroofs. This being though about, its either something brought into the country or a regular Impreza with quite a bit of modification (hopefully engine as well as body).

Awsome looking car though, would be neet to see whats under the hood.
Sounds like you are saying that it's in the US. I don't think that dealership is here, i think it's on the other side of the ocean.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
Then please talk about cool small cars.
brian, this *may* come as a newsflash, but not everyone can afford a <insert exotic>.

regardless, please name what you might consider a 'cool small car' which is under, say 40K.

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
dfinn said:
Sounds like you are saying that it's in the US. I don't think that dealership is here, i think it's on the other side of the ocean.
Brilliant! ... I feel like a tard now, I can't believe I didn't notice that every car has Euro plates.....:rolleyes:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
WSU DH'er said:
Brilliant! ... I feel like a tard now, I can't believe I didn't notice that every car has Euro plates.....:rolleyes:

those rolling eyes must be towards yourself

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
ALEXIS_DH said:
i´m not exactly sure, but i have seen 98-99 (like this seems to be by the headlights) turbo imprezas (2 doors and a lot more 4 doors) that do not have 2.2 liter engines (the 22b).
Doesnt look like a 22b to me either, looks like a rally replica some Japanese boy ricers built up, then imported into Cardiff!
Happens all the time here in NZ, mind you there are some amazing cars imported as well as the dross.

Ive driven a real 22b, number 270 something, was quick, oodles of torque compared to the 2.0l Impreza's of the time, scary fast on a real NZ road. As in skinny, barely 2 lane, rough, half covered in gravel in random places, and sometimes covered in sheep!:cool:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
after delivery, taxes and likely add-ons, that will push 40K.

show me a japanese car you like. :D

what are you, racist or sumpin'?
I'm not a fan of japaneese cars. However the ONLY Japaneese car I would ever own would be a Lexus. Julie used to have a GS300 which was a sweet ride, we sold that when we had our second kid and bought the Denali. It was too difficult to get the kids in and out.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Brian HCM#1 said:
I'm not a fan of japaneese cars. However the ONLY Japaneese car I would ever own would be a Lexus. Julie used to have a GS300 which was a sweet ride, we sold that when we had our second kid and bought the Denali. It was too difficult to get the kids in and out.
You could've gotten a wagon! :)