Quantcast

Used XC fork?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Hey I'm looking for a used xc fork. I'll probably scrounge ebay and see if I can find one in the $100 - $150 price range. What should I be looking for?

I'm thinking it should be between 80 and 100 mm and it would be nice if it was air sprung. Both my wife and I share the bike. Air is nice because I can adjust the air pressure depending on who's riding it at the time.

The bike currently has a 2001 z4 that has several scratches on the stantions and leaks oil between the M-arch and the lower part of the casting. I was told it could be rebuilt but it's pretty beat and might not be worth it.

Thanks.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Vulcan said:

Thanks for the link. That looks pretty nice. I've been scrounging ebay today and was pretty disappointed. Used and new old stock stuff is selling for more than you can buy new stuff from online retailers. What idiot will pay more for something on ebay than you can buy it new somewhere else?

I did find some pretty good deals on some other parts I need though.

Vulcan

Chimp
Oct 24, 2004
jdschall said:
Thanks for the link. That looks pretty nice. I've been scrounging ebay today and was pretty disappointed. Used and new old stock stuff is selling for more than you can buy new stuff from online retailers. What idiot will pay more for something on ebay than you can buy it new somewhere else?

I did find some pretty good deals on some other parts I need though.
Yeah thats a great deal imo. I'm seriously considering picking one up for my XC bike.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Nice, that skareb is not too bad. I actually need a 80 mm fork for my old trek carbon I'm fixing up. It's coming along quite nicely and will be feather light when it's done.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
GumbaFish said:

Invalid link. Dude just deleted it. He must have never posted that it was sold. I saw it just before he deleted it. It would have been a screaming deal. Oh well.

I'm still looking and thinking. Thanks for everybody that has PMed me. I might just have to go with that skareb comp if none of the auctions I'm watching work out.

Thanks!