Quantcast

User-name remorse?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Who here cringes when they see their user name here, on other forums, or email addresses? Have poorly chosen user-names ever created bad situations for anyone?

I'll start:

4130biker- sounds like I'm a BMW freak, but in fact, have never ridden a chromoly mtb. Go figure. Bmx growing up had me convinced that 4130 is the best thing ever, but now I don't really give a crap what something is made of as long as it works.

Luciouswipe- first email ever created, since decommissioned, WTF was I thinking?!?? I cringe when I think of "professional" contacts that I made when younger using this POS.

Thedudeman- MTBR, ok, looks like I became less of a dumbass in college. :D

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I was actually TwinKona in the beginning but started using my initials on other sites and quickly got the Ridemonkey overlords to change it.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My login was an AIM name I came up with back in high school and I've just been too lazy since to think up a new one.

I use it as a login for a bunch of different websites and playstation network.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yeah, now I do.Have since sold the Haro X3 that created my username. I have a username in another forum I love. cheezgrits

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Been like this since 1995. :panic:

I have a few other if this is taken, but whats in a name, really?

<edit> I love 4130 (my chopper frame will be that), steal is real, or something.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
4130 makes me feel like I get it. Like a inside joke you are smart enough to get. I always imagined Jimmydean was the guy who shows up for the ride wearing bibs jacked up to high so that it seems like he is showing off his wiener (you know the guy...).

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Who here cringes when they see their user name here, on other forums, or email addresses? Have poorly chosen user-names ever created bad situations for anyone?

I'll start:

4130biker- sounds like I'm a BMW freak, but in fact, have never ridden a chromoly mtb. Go figure. Bmx growing had me convinced that 4130 is the best thing ever, but now I don't really give a crap what something is made of as long as it works.

Luciouswipe- first email ever created, since decommissioned, WTF was I thinking?!?? I cringe when I think of "professional" contacts that I made when younger using this POS.

Thedudeman- MTBR, ok, looks like I became less of a dumbass in college. :D

I don't know. I think 4130 is a pretty sweet reference. It's been a marketable term for something like 35 years.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I've just ditched riding my DH and freeride bikes for my old steel hardtail, absolutely loving it and I am still a hack so my name's still good.

I was Fairy1 on a different forum, name didn't really suit as I was a hater, I got banned then banned again as iFairy.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i regret the CAPS.
I registered for RM, while I was in a class learning FORTRAN. for some reason, i remeber i was coding in CAPS, and thats how i registered.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
<<<< I have no creativity.

4130 is a great identity.

I often imagine cartoons or caricatures based solely off of user names.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Kaz was taken when I registered for a Mustang site in high school. Added the lx because I couldn't think of anything else and then I just started using it everywhere instead of having to remember different logins.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
4130 makes me feel like I get it. Like a inside joke you are smart enough to get. I always imagined Jimmydean was the guy who shows up for the ride wearing bibs jacked up to high so that it seems like he is showing off his wiener (you know the guy...).
If you ever see me wearing bibs, feel free to beat my ass. :rofl:

I am the jackass on a CX bike in cargo shorts and I don't even cargo. And while I'm not fast, it makes me feel fast when I blow past some jackass in full Team Discovery gear rolling carbon. But I support his support of the industry.

There have been a few good origin discussions on here in days past.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It is fun to imagine what people's user names actually mean. The 4130 still has a special place in my heart, but like Mountain Dew has been replaced by beer and mountain bikes. I was not fishing for sympathy on my user name, just thought it was a funny topic. But thank you all for the support :rofl:

People with no regrets, really? You've never had a sh!tty user name? In the entire history of the internet?!?

I think my favorite story so far is Vinny Cactus. Freakin hilarious!

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
People with no regrets, really? You've never had a sh!tty user name? In the entire history of the internet?!?
I guess I have never put much thought into it other than if it's personal or professional. RM isn't a professional type site, so I could use BigBootieHoes or something and care less. But I guess if a name you created for yourself sucks, then change it. :rofl: