Quantcast

User-name remorse?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
If you ever see me wearing bibs, feel free to beat my ass. :rofl:

I am the jackass on a CX bike in cargo shorts and I don't even cargo. And while I'm not fast, it makes me feel fast when I blow past some jackass in full Team Discovery gear rolling carbon. But I support his support of the industry.

There have been a few good origin discussions on here in days past.
it should be a crime against humanity to wear that.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My login was an AIM name...
^^^This. No regrets on mine, really. I occasionally get to answer to 'FT' in real life, even. I'm pretty much Full Trucker everywhere, although sometimes without the space. eBay, teh Tweeters, MTBR, PinkBike... I'm good with it.

That said, my first non-institutional email address was groovalistic. It was a Hotmail address, now decommissioned... do people even USE Hotmail anymore? I mean, besides Nick. ?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This was a reprecussion from the end of stoney98. That login exists elsewhere though. It has just been wiped for the most part from this site.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Assigned by friends who for some reason claim I look like a Mongolian barbarian. Why wouldn't I use it?

The one I regret though is on a local forum. For some reason even my editor in my bike mag calls me by that and not by my real name and I only chose it because my old pass was lost and I was just watching a stupid TV series.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
As a shout out to the "NO REGRETS!" group, I agree that keeping your username for non professional hijinks like RM is the way to go, no matter how good or bad. I am mostly looking to stir up some discussion/ insight to some of these names and stories about fully retarded past screen names.

Any more takers?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I operate under boostin on emptybeer and its shorter than boostindoubles by 7 letters.

I'd drop doubles on this site but some grasshopper is sitting on my name. So you all are stuck reading my long name.

Wish I still rode trails everyday too.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I love how people are initially horrified by my name, then later use it casually.

It was originally conceived to play Unreal online back in 2001 and I just stuck with it.

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
Old user name circa 2005 from the hay-day of Busted Spoke...woof. I had a 'fro then, hair is still wicked long, so it's all good I guess. Tyler Durden, Dante, and Vinny Cactus FTW.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Who here cringes when they see their user name here, on other forums, or email addresses? Have poorly chosen user-names ever created bad situations for anyone?
I only cringe when I think about the night my username was given to me.

Buddy and I are sitting at a bar, decent looking girl walks by, he stops her and introduces me as his buddy kickstand, she looks at us confused and he goes you know, like that thing that holds a bike up? Give him a few more drinks and he'll show you his kickstand.....

She didn't find any humor in his attempted pick up line....but the nick name stuck.

Not bike related screen name, that seems bike related, which is kinda funny because he didn't even know bikes were my other hobby at the time.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Believe it or not, this is the first forum I ever joined.

I was going to take Yojimbo, which is a much more popular Kurosawa film than Sanjuro, the sequel. For that reason, and that there is a bike shop in Chicago with that name, I ended up with Sanjuro.

Since then, I realize I feel that I fit the role in Sanjuro more than in Yojimbo. In Yojimbo, he is a loose cannon, manipulating the evil forces in town.

Sanjuro is an instructor of younger samurai, as well as a master troll. The authorities challenge him and he responds in unexpected directions.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
I only cringe when I think about the night my username was given to me.

Buddy and I are sitting at a bar, decent looking girl walks by, he stops her and introduces me as his buddy kickstand, she looks at us confused and he goes you know, like that thing that holds a bike up? Give him a few more drinks and he'll show you his kickstand.....

She didn't find any humor in his attempted pick up line....but the nick name stuck.

Not bike related screen name, that seems bike related, which is kinda funny because he didn't even know bikes were my other hobby at the time.
Hahaha! I never thought of your name like "that"...

Good story to go with it, too!

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The only time I regret my choice of user name is when people meet me in person and try to pronounce it. I shoulda called myself Bob or something like that.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
The only time I regret my choice of user name is when people meet me in person and try to pronounce it. I shoulda called myself Bob or something like that.
I always pronounce the C as an S in my head...

If I ever met you, would I be butchering your name?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I always pronounce the C as an S in my head...

If I ever met you, would I be butchering your name?
I do that too... like "sea-are-an" amiright?

skibunny is from the og hotmail account, then msn, then gmail. 24 is because there are other skibunnies in the world. But it does sound slutty. And since I'm as straight-laced as they come, I often stay awake biting my nails in fear of what the internet worlds think of me... especially since I use this for every site, acct, etc. For shame!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
It's a hard C. It's Kieran with a a bad Irish accent. :p If you say Kee ar an it works, too.

I am more interested to hear everyones regrets about their custom titles than their user names.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
It's a hard C. It's Kieran with a a bad Irish accent. :p If you say Kee ar an it works, too.

I am more interested to hear everyones regrets about their custom titles than their user names.
Yes dear, why SHOULD we fear your banana? ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I would have gotten it since I worked with a ginger who was named Keran, but I recall him talking about a C spelling or something.

I will never regret the title BV gave me. :D

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Me too- lets start with yours! They are usually entertaining, even if I don't know what they mean.

I'd talk about mine, but turbo monkey seems to be rather common 'round these parts.