Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Stosh.

A) your signature sucks. It's cut off.

B) you're not using your "yours" right :p
Thanks I hadn't noticed either.

I'm usually pretty good about you're and your.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stosh said:
Thats twice you've hit on me today and you're boyfriend is around.

Stosh, she wants to play "hide the banana" with you. She wants to hide the banana in a place you can't reach.

Run Stosh, run!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
You find a job for me in NC yet?
Not unless you're an analytical chemist in which case there's a couple openings where my girlfriend works :p

PM me if you want some local companies I can point you at if you're serious.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I got my name from back in the old emptybeer board days from Alex a13x (Alex from e13 - who was later banned from ridemonkey in that whole banning debacle of a couple years ago). I made a post and he replied asking if I was "ska todd or another Todd".

Oh, and I like ska music.

-ska todd

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
err....I'll play (I don't post often but I've got time to kill before I can leave)

def: Doug E Fresh
This is the nickname I've been called since I was 14 or so, and everybody thinks they are the first to think it up. No matter what town or place or how long I've known some one, I become Doug E Fresh. I don't mind, I've been called worse.

Oh, that and I'm deaf in one ear.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Peter.... well it's my name

6061... for some reason I was 'proud' of the type of aluminum that one of my bikes was built out of back in the mid-nineties.

This has been my username on any number of emails and message boards for years. When I came to RM, I just used what I had already been using.

Kind of lame now in my mind, but I've had it for so long, I don't know what else I'd use.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
peter6061 said:
Peter.... well it's my name

6061... for some reason I was 'proud' of the type of aluminum that one of my bikes was built out of back in the mid-nineties.

This has been my username on any number of emails and message boards for years. When I came to RM, I just used what I had already been using.

Kind of lame now in my mind, but I've had it for so long, I don't know what else I'd use.
what's your avatar?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Back when I was a kid (early twenties) I liked to play with fissionable materials. Later when Anti-C's and Devo hats went out of style I realized just how wrong what I was doing was.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Earlier , maybe about 10 years old, I was really into snowboarding- spmy email patrick1080@snowboard.com (patrick- first name, was taken so i added a huge spin that i would never be able to do. My first email, was at thesimpsons.com, but they stopped doing mail, so i found snowboard.com.

Then I joined Dirt rag, I couldn't think of anything cool- I used mtbrider, dirt rag was too inactive then. I found rm and I think it was taken so I added the "n" (to keep the same meaning).

My aim is DirtPile26 (obvious meaning - 26").

On offroad 4x4 forums my name is dirt lover.

.....too many names. Dirt Pile or Dirt Lover would be nice to have for everything. Can I have may name changed? Not sure, but wondering about it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ciaran said:
Archaeological Reminiscence of Millet's Angelus, 1935
Oil on Panel
32cm X 39cm

I know the image, I couldn't think of the name off hand. I know it's one of his images because I have it in at least 2 books of mine on him.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Ah, yes, mantispf2000. Well, I once owned one of the few, if not only, Mantis Profloaters around the Tahoe area. 2000? Well, that's the year I started the web handle. Granted, though I locked it up and thought it was safe, some bonehead decided to steal it one day. I just hope while he/she was riding off quickly, they had to grab a handful of break and went over the bars. You see, I had reversed my brakes to "bubba" style (that's moto-x for those not in the know).

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
bluebug32 said:
I was actually a huge Ryne Sandburg fan growing up (#23 for the Cubs)
I was a big Sandberg fan as well but never cut it as a second baseman. I did play a great centerfield though.

Any wild *ss guesses for my name? I use Mike B. on 5 or 6 different sites and it is much better than my nickname I was blessed with in college. I also lack much creativity and when I meet someone from one of the boards it makes it real easy.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
terry motocross.

treesaw has always been one of my faves. and i think jdcamb is one of the funniest background stories in here yet. have often wondered what that meant too. LOL.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
my last name is kadvany, and in like 3rd grade they had me on the school roster as 'daniel kadvang' because my writing was so messy... they called me that for a solid 2 weeks, my friends just started calling me that... the cuz im legit

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Mine was little wierd. 3 years ago I decided to start racing road (I had been riding for years). I began my training just as the season was coming to an end. As I got better, my teammates realized that I had real potential and the best part was that come next season, no one would know who I was or how good I was. My training motivation device all off season was that I was a sleeping giant. Don't wake me:thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
DHS said:
that would be a extra ew right there.
You have seen me in bike shorts and I caught you staring.... Don't pretend to be disgusted.

N8 said:
I remember an old thread were everyone* was trying to figure all this out... :p

*Everyone = dh_girlie
She hasn't been around so I figured I was safe......

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
Apparently Lord Opie's favorite disease (I'm still sad that thread got deleted...I think Loco had something to do with that:( )

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jdcamb said:
You have seen me in bike shorts and I caught you staring.... Don't pretend to be disgusted.
Were you wearing Skared Shtles' short shorts? :help:
MMike said:
rhymes with "pansy man"
:thumb: bwahahahaha
kizzi77 said:
Apparently Lord Opie's favorite disease (I'm still sad that thread got deleted...I think Loco had something to do with that:( )
I was hoping for a good pie story from Lord O' Pie. :D ;)