Quantcast

Username origins...

J

JRB

kizzi77 said:
Apparently Lord Opie's favorite disease (I'm still sad that thread got deleted...I think Loco had something to do with that:( )
I never have anything to do with thread deletions. OK - I have caused my share. :(

*I don't think I even posted in that thread.

J

JRB

oh yeah - I hadn't thought of Loco-Gringos for quite some time, and then my friend Doug called his BBQ cooking team loco-gringos. I used it on bikemojo. I was called a hypocrite for using gringo or some crap. I got sensitive and changed it to loco. I am a little crazy, so I guess it works. :think:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Mine stems from Jay and Silent Bob....I mostly go by "J" and am a pretty quiet guy. In university, we made a movie based off of Jay and Silent Bob - I played the silent character...SilentJ. People still call me that and I even get people coming up to me saying "hey! Youre SilentJ, arent you!? You rule!!" Wicked movie...I ought to transfer it to the intraweb one day...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Back in the day I used to drive around suburban neighborhoods in my mackin shag wagon (3" pink carpet, quadraphonic sound yo) trying to dazzle children so that they'd come take a ride with me and I could have an audience for modeling my sansabelt slacks.

The newspapers used to put out warnings about the "kidwooing kidnapper".

I move around a lot.

Sep 26, 2005
Concord, CA
sublime - sub·lime ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-blm)
adj.

1. Characterized by nobility; majestic.
1. Of high spiritual, moral, or intellectual worth.
2. Not to be excelled; supreme.
3. Inspiring awe; impressive.
4. Archaic. Raised aloft; set high.
5. Obsolete. Of lofty appearance or bearing; haughty: “not terrible,/That I should fear... /But solemn and sublime” (John Milton).

n.

1. Something sublime.
2. An ultimate example.

but i didnt know that til one day when i was bored and decided to look it up. i'm actually a really big sublime fan

mx - i ride motocross, and it kinda goes with the definition of sublime

311 - another one of my favorite bands (has nothing at all to do with 3 of the 11th letter of the alphabet (k; kkk))

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I guess mine came from a few people that kept calling me a genius, but continued to spell it wrong. So I went for the SB company spelling and the monkey avatar fits quite nicely on RM.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
"Toshi" is 5/9ths of my legal name, and what most people call me anyway :D

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
stosh said:
what's your avatar?
Ciaran got back to you before me. The whole deal with that was when I studied French in high school, we studied French art. One of the artists was Millet, who painted the original, two farmers praying in a field. Dali repainted it as they had been there for centuries and had deteriorated. I was going through my Pink Floyd, The Wall phase, and liked the fact that they looked like a wall falling apart. The painting has been one of my favorites since then.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ciaran said:
Archaeological Reminiscence of Millet's Angelus, 1935
Oil on Panel
32cm X 39cm

I should have known that, I saw his exhibit at the Philly art Museum in the spring.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Before I knew much about pro biking I was reading a Magazine and saw a few ads featuring Brian Lopes. I turned to my buddy and asked "Who the hell is Brian Lopez and why is he getting so much love from advertisers"? And he just busted out laughing. No I'm not Mexican, and no I'm not much of a Lopes fan either. It was a funny moment....but I think it may be time for a name change since I have a good one in mind and several people seem to be changing up names

Uh, yeah, that's a big 10-4 Pig-Pen,
Yeah, we definitely got us the front door good buddy,
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy

Was the dark of the moon, on the sixth of June
In a Kenworth, pullin' logs
Cabover Pete with a reefer on
And a Jimmy haulin' hogs
We 'as headin' fer bear on I-One-Oh
'Bout a mile outta Shaky-Town
I sez Pig-Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck
An' I'm about to put the hammer on down

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
If I was a pirate I'd be as swishy as Johnny Depp seemed to be in "Pirates of the Caribbean"... so I took that character's name. I've loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride since my first trip to a Disney park when I was a kid. Damn near obsessed with it for a while there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
If I was a pirate I'd be as swishy as Johnny Depp seemed to be in "Pirates of the Caribbean"... so I took that character's name. I've loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride since my first trip to a Disney park when I was a kid. Damn near obsessed with it for a while there.
He was more like the big gay drunken pirate.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
binary visions said:
Just out of curiosity, did you know what a golgi aparatus was before the Phish song? Or even after choosing it for a user name?
doesn't apparatus have two 'p's? :confused: anyway, golgi-whatever is definitely a better name than, say, sarcoplasmicreticulum :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Toshi said:
doesn't apparatus have two 'p's? :confused:
Me = Owned. I didn't even think as I was typing it :p

Golgi = 10x Owned since his username is spelled wrong ;)

anyway, golgi-whatever is definitely a better name than, say, sarcoplasmicreticulum :D
Er. I had to Google for that one, and it's two words, Mr. Bigshot Wanna-Be Doctor Guy :p

I did learn something new today, though :p

http://www.bartleby.com/61/99/S0089950.html

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
binary visions said:
Er. I had to Google for that one, and it's two words, Mr. Bigshot Wanna-Be Doctor Guy :p
his username doesn't have a space, so i username-formatted SR...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Capt'n Jack was not swishy! A bit on the gay side maybe but not swishy.

P.S. Real pirates were anything but swishy. Aside from the captain and a couple of officers they were pretty dirty and nasty.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Nath always refers to me as MizN8 on the board so I just figured it would be easier than using my real name.......Diona..........which is hard for most people to remember let alone pronounce.

D

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
not to long ago, I was needing a username, as I seemed to have several different ones on many boards, so I decided to stop the insanity and come up with one name to cover all the bases.

My I often called my GF (who is now my loving wife) Monkey, and once in a note I spelled it Munkee.

Also my favorite bike my Surly Karate Monkey.

Both of these I enjoy hucking.