Quantcast

Using the White Industry ENO Eccentric Disc Hub to DJ?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I want to set my Yeti DJ up as a single speed. Shifting is too far above my pay grade.

I don't want to deal with a bunch of tension devices, or having to jimmy rig it somehow. I want simple.

What are your thoughts on running the ENO Eccentric Disc Hub in the rear with the eccentric disc mount? Will it hold up to the stupid of a 240# guy who cases a lot?

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I don't think you'll break it. The white industries stuff is really tough in my experience. You might just be able to set the bike up with a half-link chain and have it work. Switching 1 tooth count in the front or rear is a pretty fine adjustment. And then there's always my old favorite, the phantom chainring. That's a bunch of rigging though. I say go for it. You'll be fine and you'll be supporting a rad company.

Edit, casing should make the chain tighter if anything. Doo eet!

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
I would suggest going with a tensioner. The Eno is a great solution for bikes with no other alternative, but mine has a tendency to shift after a while and I would suspect with your heavier frame that it might be more of an issue with you and using it on a DJ bike. Cool product, but it's just not made for what you want to do.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was thinking of going with the Yess ETR-V if I did have to do a tensioner. If it works, I am thinking of doing the same, with their suspension designed tensioner. I just wanted simple, but it seems nothing is simple.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
I was thinking of going with the Yess ETR-V if I did have to do a tensioner. If it works, I am thinking of doing the same, with their suspension designed tensioner. I just wanted simple, but it seems nothing is simple.
That one looks good. I've also liked the Rennen tensioner, but I'm not sure how either work for the long haul. http://www.rennendesigngroup.com/rollenlager.html

I thought the Yeti DJ had adjustable drops so you could run single speed, or is that just the new ones?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've had good luck with the Rennen. If you can get away with it (i.e. not on a FS bike) fixed tensioners are way more awesomer than spring type ones.