Quantcast

USopen DS info??????

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Yea, any info would be helpful... Afterall, I need to know if I need to buy a new dj bike too before it. My dj/street/bmx track bike is dieing and breaking...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
the good news is that the downhill will probably be the same or very close to last year for those who rode it last year.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Yea, any info would be helpful... Afterall, I need to know if I need to buy a new dj bike too before it. My dj/street/bmx track bike is dieing and breaking...

Same here, just add it to the list of everything else I need before May.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Info right now on the Dual is limited. No worries, the event IS happening... There are already over 50 riders registered in the dual discipline alone and spots are filling fast!

The course will be unique mixing traditional DS traits, with some creative elements, tons of flow. ie: ds pump track on steroids. More info soon... In the meantime, we found an old school video from the vault:

Click on [2004] http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/usopenvideos.html

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Shawn, I was wondering if you've tried to get any TV coverage for the Open and if so how did that go? I bet you could get some news coverage before and after to draw a little bigger crowd for this year and some more people to Diablo for the rest of the season.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
The rm questions absolutely blow my mind. why would anybody ask if there is going to be a ds and when they are building it. if the us open is coming up when do you think they are going to build it. Also if you want to know what a ds course looks like look it up on youtube because you all obviously have the time to think of the dumbest questions possible so you could post them on the rm forum.:banghead:

trevorson8

Chimp
May 5, 2008
Boston, MA
I asked WHERE they are putting it, and I've been racing slalom since 2000...I know what it looks like, but they said it was going to have nontraditional features...I'm just curious if anyone has any info...

Sorry if I wasted your time?

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
ok I think it is time to finalize all plans here, has anyone sneaked a peak at the DS course? This past weekend maybe? I know a DS course is a DS course, but I have been to courses that consisted of a serpent course down a smooth steep field and I have been to full out supercross tracks down the side of a mountain, Just trying to get a heads up, if it is going to be traditional Diablo terrain, there is no need to even pack the hardtail DJ bike and convert the tires. Thanks for the info. See everyone at the OPEN!!!!!!!!!:banana:

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
They just started on the course on Sunday. They were trucking big loads of dirt over to it. It is located over by where the domination race course ends. Looks like it will be all dirt with no rocks, but I can't say for sure.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
That was a good spot for photos; the red bull drop.

This year i will only be shooting in the rocky rock garden to capture DH'ing!

I'll be riding (messing around) on Saturday, watching the Race on Sunday (photos/videos) with the wife and kids, and riding Monday!

Should be a great weekend!

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Based on the all dirt they dumped up there Sunday and the placement on the hill, the Dual Slalom look like it should be a fun course.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
I don't know about the Red Bull Finish - that maybe in the works since they couldnt put any dirt there Sunday. But i do know Sunday they dumped a big pile of dirt much further up the course.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
i doubt it, too much work. i dont want to race this weekend but i would love to ride the ds track, my two favorite things, bmx racing and downhill mixed into one sport, i need a hardtail or short travel though.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
They said in one of the US Open emails that there was going to be a lot more flow and rhythm to the final section of the course