Quantcast

USPS no more

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
From VeloNews:

The day after Lance Armstrong scored a rare double victory in the Tour de Georgia, the U.S. Postal Service confirmed that it will end its sponsorshop of the five-time Tour winner and his team at the end of this season, according to The Associated Press.

The Postal Service, which has sponsored the team for eight years in an effort to increase its business overseas, has decided to go "in another direction" with its advertising, according to spokesman Gerry McKiernan.

Agency marketing officer Anita Bizzotto added that the excitement generated by five consecutive Tour de France victories "has been inspiring and exhilarating to the Postal Service, its employees, and the entire country."

For his part, Bill Stapleton, chief executive of Tailwind Sports, which owns the team, said that the organization appreciated the Postal Service's support as it seeks a new sponsor and remains committed "to keeping our riders and staff in place for years to come and furthering our goals of winning important events like the Tour de France."

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I have read that Berry Floor will step up sponsorship and that a new company will replace USPS - wonder who it will be?

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Heidi
I have read that Berry Floor will step up sponsorship and that a new company will replace USPS - wonder who it will be?
Probably something rediculous like Team Country Time Lemonade.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Originally posted by Heidi
Halliburton. See my post in the Lounge, where I didn't even mention the money laundering potential. :D

recidivist

Monkey
Aug 29, 2002
Soquel, Cali
I say we pass the hat. Team Ridemonkey presented by Berry Floor.

It's a sweet sponsorship deal. Hells, between all of us we ought to be able to cobble together enough bikes for the team.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Originally posted by recidivist
Hells, between all of us we ought to be able to cobble together enough bikes for the team.
Easily. But I'm pretty sure they want road bikes. :p