Quantcast

ust/ michelin comp 24 vs high roller(rear)

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
Hey i ride in like really rocky loose stuff all the time....im going to Mammoth this weekend and i really need a rear tire.....would u guys recomend the high roller or the comp 24 ? This is for downhilling...not much climbing and i belive that the michelin is like a 2.2 and the high roller is a 2.5, the other option is the 2.5 mobster.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
stop it man you already ordered them you are going to make everuyone hate us sb riders stop giving us a bad rep okay just stop all your add stupid annoying things alright, stop bothering people on ridemonkey i really don't want to get kicked out allright

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
wow i havent already orderd them first....and second.....dont evan talk about useless threads...this one im actually finding out info....not like stupid things like gloves or trail buliding or goggles.....or whens inter bike...or what bike should my friend get or the sictor sclae

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
please learn how to spell. you souned stupid, and also why do you always us these things ......, it is called . and ,

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
and mobster 2.5 is a good tire for dirt i think. The compound is really gummy and has lots of grip. at least the ones i rode did :think:

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
boostindoubles said:
*popcorn in hand

LOL
I'm there with you. When are you getting back down here to drink at Rico's with me?

As for the thread, I love my Mitchy 24. It's my favorite rear tire I've run so far, seems to hok up good from hardpack to mud. Just never run it as a front.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
mobsters tend to be real sketchy, I have run 2.5 60d mobsters and highrollers in real loose dusty conditions and I found the hr 60d 2.5 too work the best. just don't expect them to last

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I say neither, get a Kenda Nevegal. It hooks up really well front or back. I ran 2 2.5 Nevegals last year at Mammoth and they worked great.

But if you must choose between those 2, I say the High Roller because I had one once and it was nice. But I don't know anything about Michelins, so take that info however you want.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
the high roller, mobster, and 24 are all bad choices for the dirt (or pumice). For that stuff you want a wide tire with well spaced center knobs like the nevegal that black noise suggested. as far as sb riding, run the 24's. Thats what I'm riding on my v10 now and they hook up well. they come in a 2.5 not a 2.2.

Ps. stop using posts to argue with zack. nobody wants to hear that. do it on your own time. and zack, dont complain. you started the argument. Oliver's ? was legit.