Quantcast

Utah hates queers

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
"If the homosexual community chooses to practice homosexuality in privacy, that is their free choice. But let such persons know for certain that the Christian Bible condemns all such practices and God will judge them unfit for the kingdom of heaven if the continue to practice and openly promote homosexual sex."

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stinkyboy said:
"If the homosexual community chooses to practice homosexuality in privacy, that is there free choice. But let such persons know for certain that the Christian Bible condemns all such practices and God will judge them unfit for the kingdom of heaven if the continue to practice and openly promote homosexual sex."

Bible spouting stinkyboys give me the creeps too...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
N8 said:
Bible spouting stinkyboys give me the creeps too...
:rolleyes:

I'm a Democrat, but more importantly, I'm a Christian. And I realize how scared repubs are of actually doing what the Bible says for us to do...

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
Why? The dudes have no style sense nor decorating skills.
Because the movie focuses a lot on the fact that two people who are in love can't be together due to the bigotry that surrounds them. This is the same bigotry that you show with your comments. Maybe if you watched it and could get past your "ick" factor, you might take something positive away from it.

BTW, if this helps, the hetero sex is more graphic than the homo sex.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
stinkyboy said:
"If the homosexual community chooses to practice homosexuality in privacy, that is their free choice. But let such persons know for certain that the Christian Bible condemns all such practices and God will judge them unfit for the kingdom of heaven if the continue to practice and openly promote homosexual sex."
Could you provide the source of this quote please?

Edit: Which part of the Bible are you referencing as well?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Old Man G Funk said:
yup! There was boobage :D

PS: Replace two gay men with a black man and a white woman or a chinese woman with a french man. Love denied sucks.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
LordOpie said:
yup! There was boobage :D

PS: Replace two gay men with a black man and a white woman or a chinese woman with a french man. Love denied sucks.
Exactly, there are numerous reasons that the film could have explored why these two people could not be together.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
stinkyboy said:
I'm a Democrat, but more importantly, I'm a Christian. And I realize how scared repubs are of actually doing what the Bible says for us to do...
Yeah like taking care of the poor..........the only person Jesus talks about being in an actual hell (not the present state imagery that Jesus sometimes uses) is the rich dude who didn't take care of the poor dude living out side his house......the only reason for this dude being in hell is that he didn't take care of the needs of those around him when he had the power to do something about it.

Needless to say my fundy / republican friends don't like it when I bring that point up............

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Old Man G Funk said:
Edit: Which part of the Bible are you referencing as well?
They're not hard to find, but the first one listed here is all you really need to know. Can it be more clear?!

Lev 18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"

1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Andyman_1970 said:
Yeah like taking care of the poor..........the only person Jesus talks about being in an actual hell (not the present state imagery that Jesus sometimes uses) is the rich dude who didn't take care of the poor dude living out side his house......the only reason for this dude being in hell is that he didn't take care of the needs of those around him when he had the power to do something about it.

Needless to say my fundy / republican friends don't like it when I bring that point up............
Amen!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I plan on seeing the film if it shows here locally... which means a local theaters will have to have The Passion of the Crist on only 14 screens instead of all 15.

I will, however, not see Rent.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Andyman_1970 said:
Just because repubs think they have "Bible believing Christians" in their hip pocket doesn't mean that stereotype applies to all of us who strive to follow Jesus.:rolleyes:

Just trolling this morning... so far I've got a nice little stringer going.

:p

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
stinkyboy said:
They're not hard to find, but the first one listed here is all you really need to know. Can it be more clear?!
Sorry, not trying to be obtuse.

Where did your original quote come from?

Also, were you aware of the story of Saul and David (1 Samuel)?

Either way, do you really feel that your condemnation of gays is in line with Jesus's supposed teachings of love?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
I plan on seeing the film if it shows here locally... which means a local theaters will have to have The Passion of the Crist on only 14 screens instead of all 15.

I will, however, not see Rent.
They still have Passion? That's like soooooooooooo 2004.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Old Man G Funk said:
Where did your original quote come from?
Copied it from a random website (hence the quotes, but I believe it as well).

Old Man G Funk said:
Either way, do you really feel that your condemnation of gays is in line with Jesus's supposed teachings of love?
I don't believe I've condemned anyone. That's up to God.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
blue said:
Can the Christians practice in privacy? Please?
Post of the Day

Amen!

If they spent half their energy into doing good as they do sticking their noses into other people's business, the world would be a much better place.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
LordOpie said:
If they spent half their energy into doing good as they do sticking their noses into other people's business, the world would be a much better place.
I agree...............

Feel free to email Pat Robertson with your suggestion..........

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
stinkyboy said:
...spreading the Word of God.
yeah, you can stop that.

Spread the word by doing good, set an example... people will follow that. We're tired of being preached at.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stinkyboy said:
God leaves the "dirty work" to man. The consequences of your actions are very clear. The choices are all yours.
Yes they are "stinky" boy.....

i guess i'm not suprised to see you're packing a "born again" card in your back pocket so as to crow about others percieved inadequacies before The Creator, backed with the knowledge you can pull out your card to justify your limited logic based on out-dated text.

Life is a gift, and it's actually quite easy to share happiness with tolerance and understanding.

That being said i'm still a little miffed nobody want's to ride Brokeback Mountain with me next summer.
:heart: :( :heart: :( :heart:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Homosexuals are gay...just wanted to get that out there.

Anyway, back to the point, I agree with LordOpie that this appears to be motivated by the message of the film. None of the articles I have read appear to point at an economic motive. Sheesh, they could even save face (in some peoples' eyes) by just lying and saying it was an economic motive...

Perhaps (well, most likely) my opinion may be shaped by my own stance on gay rights and the fact that my roommate (who used to live in Utah and goes there often to see who I assume is her girlfriend) was told by her girlfriend's mother that she made her daughter gay with her tricky, godless, lefty ways. Yeah. Sure.

Also, I don't want to turn this into another Jesus-fest, but just be careful about using passages from the Bible to lay the smackdown on homosexuality. Usually, such efforts quote from the same books that tell people not to plant two crops in the same field or mix fabrics in clothing etc. The point is not what the text literally says, but how and/or why one should follow it.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
blue said:
Sandy isn't exactly a town. The market consists of the whole valley (more or less the south end), which approximately consists of 1.2-1.3 million people. People drive from anywhere in Salt Lake (When I say Salt Lake, I mean the Salt Lake valley) to go to Jordan Commons to see movies there. This isn't some podunk market you're thinking, and Jordan Commons is a 17 or 18 screen multiplex. You really have no ground to stand on at all with this arguement...you know nothing of the market you speak of, nor do you apparently know anything about the theater it was slated to be shown in.

ALSO:

9 Brokeback Mountain $5,750,000
10 The Family Stone $4,625,000
11 The Ringer $4,400,000
12 Casanova $4,014,000

The bottom three being shown where? What was that? The same weekend Brokeback was supposed to? The Megaplex 17 at Jordan Commons, owned by Larry H. Miller, DARE YOU SAY?!

Please sit down, and shut up. That is all.
Um, I know where Sandy is. I have friends that live there and I see them about twice a year. I further know that it is more or less part of the SLC "metroplex" however, unlike the more cosmopolitan city center which you made mention of, it is by and large a suburb. It's population has a higher percentage of serious mormons than SLC proper. By virtue of that the film would be shall we say "less attractive" to that group of the populace than elsewhere.

I never EVER said that this guy ABSOLUTElY cancelled the engagement for business reasons. That would be foolish to do since given the information that you and I and Opie have there is no way to ABSOLUTElY know that. Anymore than you can ABSOLUTELY know that he cancelled it for reasons of content or pressure from some special interest.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that in all likelyhood he recieved a deluge of calls and letters from groups surrounding the Mormon church (Who are those old chicks that sit around in big throne looking chairs on TV and talk about Sister So-and-so going to Gyuana? Probably those broads.) Threatening to boycott unless blah, blah, blah......

However, being that this is America I think we ought to KNOW some FACTS and HAVE the TRUTH before we go collecting pitchforks torches and 13" of sturdy rope.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Old Man G Funk said:
Because the movie focuses a lot on the fact that two people who are in love can't be together due to the bigotry that surrounds them. This is the same bigotry that you show with your comments. Maybe if you watched it and could get past your "ick" factor, you might take something positive away from it.

Hmm, there is an original theme for a movie.

Two lovers who cannot be together because of the social stigma surrounding the relationship.

Wow, groundbreaking.