Quantcast

Utah I-Street Video

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Cool stuff, I love those jumps and the extra height really highlights the picturesque surroundings. Can you pivot the camera around? Some straight-down shots might be cool.

trackhead

Chimp
May 16, 2008
^^^^^^^Yes, the camera can pan/tilt 180 degrees, but no camera operator this day, so just fixed forward.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
sick man, i have never seen anyone hit that line down by the fence on the south side. that is huge!!!! you should get some more footage of that.
i love i street. i need to go up again and hit it up.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Great video. I like comments on my vids, so don't take this negative, but it would have been better on a cloudy day- I know, you probably only have so much time.

I admire the artist in you that is willing to share your secrets and set-up with the masses. It will only help evolve filming. Keep up the great.

If you get together a 20-40 minute video I'd be willing to buy a copy.

Cheers.

Nat

trackhead

Chimp
May 16, 2008
How much would that setup cost?
Hard question to answer, as there is as much, or more of a continual time committment to learn to do it. Including crash costs, smashing cameras, simulators, chargers, downlinks, radios, etc, etc.

Rough estimate is $10,000 for the initial, basic investment. But far more than that in time. Pretty much a full time job figuring all the nuances out. Most people give it up before they have any success, due to it's frustrating nature.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I was looking into getting a T-rex for around 600$ kit and then another 400 for radio. But it's not that important to me and I don't want replace any of my cameras.

Many reccomend a computer simulator, but i think it migh be cheaper and better just get a full 200$ heli and practice. After watching all those crazy heli trick vids, I should be able to fly one straight.

what's that camera pivot kit?

I street looks good. I did a zip line on there a few years back.

trackhead

Chimp
May 16, 2008
Spintek,

To be entirely blunt, you need a simulator, end of story. You'll crash a heli in the first 15 seconds of attempting to fly, I guarantee it.

The kit you are talking about doesn't include electronics and servos, batteries, downlinks, chargers, balancers, receivers, remote screens.

The camera mount is custom. But there are a few companies that manufacture them.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Sounds like a huge time investment. Thanks for the info and let me know if you ever create and entire project. Any rider w/a real job who enjoys your vids should spare a couple bucks to get a DVD or WMV file. Might subsidize some of your costs at best.

trackhead

Chimp
May 16, 2008
I'll likely never make an effort to produce anything longer. This is just for fun and practice.

I'm currently using the heli's shooting for other productions like hunting shows, motorcycle shows, etc.

Unfortunately, there's little compensation in the human powered sports world.