Quantcast

Utopia goggles

Boner

Chimp
Feb 18, 2002
Toronto
Can anyone tell me the main differences betwee the Utopia "Too Dirty" goggles and the new "Slayer" goggles. Which one would be best for DH'ing?

I prefer to have a wide field of vision and I know the "too dirty" model has a great field of vision...what about the Slayer?

Last question...will The MX version of either helmer work with a SixSixOne full face (I can't try them out since we have no retailler here...I will be ordering direct).

Thanks

Bob

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Boner said:
Can anyone tell me the main differences betwee the Utopia "Too Dirty" goggles and the new "Slayer" goggles. Which one would be best for DH'ing?

I prefer to have a wide field of vision and I know the "too dirty" model has a great field of vision...what about the Slayer?

Last question...will The MX version of either helmer work with a SixSixOne full face (I can't try them out since we have no retailler here...I will be ordering direct).

Thanks

Bob
i tried them on back to back and i feel that the "too dirty" goggles have a better field of vision, but that's my opinion. i didn't like the feel of the slayers

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
I have them both. The Slayers right-left field of view is a bit tighter than the too-dirty. But this may be caused by the interior padding being (it appears) a bit thicker. I liked the too-dirty's and raced all season with them with no issue....I havn't raced with the Slayers yet(I suspect they will be better or just as good)....but I do like the nose piece for the slayers, I often forget to put sunscreen on..so my beek gets tweeked.

You prolly can't go wrong with either on, both have great optics and are not too hot.

hope this helps.

Sput-

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
Hey! Glad to see your interest in Utopia Opitics for your goggle choice!

Both the Too Dirty & Slayer goggle frames are made from high quality flexible polyurethane material. Both goggles offer the highest quality anti-fog scratch resistant lenses. What’s superb about our “anti-fog” technology, is that our “anti-fog” is made within the lens, whereas most other goggle companies use a “anti-fog” spray which wears off. Ours won’t – it lasts throughout the lifetime of the lens.

As for differences, the ‘Too Dirty’ is our classic goggle. It offers a large peripheral vision, as well as a classic shape/design & color. The ‘Slayer’ is our newest goggle – it’s
size is slightly smaller than the ‘Too Dirty’, but does offer sic range of color styles

Hope that answers your questions.

Check ‘em out!

SLAYER MX
http://www.utopiaoptics.com/SlayerMX.aspx

TOO DIRTY MX
http://www.utopiaoptics.com/toodirtymx.aspx

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
I tried my Too Dirty MX's for the first time this weekend. Yes, they work fine on a 661 full face, they have this rubbery film on the inside of the headstrap, so they dont move at all. I thought the field of vision from left to right was great. They dont fog up at all. The best part was the way the tear off makes motorcycle sounds the whole way down the hill in the wind!