Quantcast

UW to Snoqualmie/Steven's Shuttle?

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Not really biking related, but does anyone know if there is a weekday shuttle service from UW/Seattle to either Snoqualmie Pass or Steven's Pass?

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
They added a new chair lift to Northback. Almoust doubled the size of Crystal. Time to jack up the rates again. There getting a Gondola in FEW YEARS.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Yeah, Crystal's new chairlift is going to SUCK! It was fine just the way it was.....Hiking for freshies and actually getting them all day long.

Teague

Chimp
May 31, 2002
Olympia WA
You can get to North Bend by public transportation using your UPass, but it takes a while with at least one transfer somewhere down I90. From North Bend you can try hitching up to the mountain. It doesn't take long if the weather is nice an you have full ski gear on, but that isn't a long term solution. I think mountain employees do it all the time. I've seen quite a few people sitting near the I-90 overpass near the North Bend roundabout with their thumb out. I don't know about the snowboard team / club anymore, but in years past, there were some complaints about how they ran their rideshare program. Something about there being a rideshare fund that reimbursed gas money for carpools, but the only people who ever got reimbursed were a few core club members. It's probably totally different now, but ask around before shelling out cash to a club comprised of college ski or snowboard bums.

As for Crystal Mountain, yeah it's great terrain, but who can afford a pass there on a student budget. That's outrageous. Buy the Expanded Snoqualmie pass and get 10 free days at Crystal. The price difference works out to be something like $16 a day.