Quantcast

V10 frame sizing ?

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
I'm 5'11" and 220 lb's, would a large V10 frame be too large
or should I be looking at buying a medium size ?

V10 owners how tall are you and what size frame do you ride ?

Thanks in advance

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
i m 196cm (6'5") and ride a large one, if i did they conversion right u re 178cm tall right?...u would be better on a medium frame, has a shorter wheelbase and more compact etc etc, on a large one u kind of need the extra length of ur arms and legs to move the longer wheelbase around. it also depends on the tracks that u ride, but imo go for a medium one.
besides santa says so too: sizing chart

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
I'm 6'2" and test rode a couple medium v-10s, thought they fit great. The trail I rode them on was super steep, loose and tight, maybe I'd have preferred a large for wide open fast stuff. But everyone I know who has v-10s and are shorter than me are on mediums.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
6'0" and ride a 2005 large with a 40mm direct mount stem.

The old style (2004 and older) V10's were bigger than the current V10's for the same size.

I would suggest that you try both if you can. Otherwise, a Large will probably be better.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
5'11" with a medium, 50 mm direct mount stem...The fit is OK for me, but I tend to like longer top tubes (and all my other bikes I've ever had have been larges), so in retrospect it would've been nice to try a Large...

Besides personal geo/sizing preferences, I think a lot of it also depends on individual body dimensions (i.e. arm, leg, & torso length)...I'm sure there are some 5'11" guys that may have slightly shorter limbs and love a medium (or even a small), but for guys with more apeish configurations, a Large would prolly work better...

I had a med 02 V10 (old style) and then went up to a large 06 (new style) about mid way thru the season I rode my friends med. and loved it. The shorter wheel base was the key. The bike just moved better underneath me. I'm 5'10" 195.

Here's my setup:

Med frame
50mm SIC stem
Marzocchi 888 with the drop crowns (key)
SIC Lo-rise/no-rise race h-bar (just tried this out, it rocks, with the short stem and lowered crowns, the bike handles excellently)

KD1569
Cyclist