bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
The V10 pedals so good & is soo comfy !

Longer stem
Longer seatpost.
2.3" Tires .
Change 42 tooth

EDIT : Decided to leave the V10 alone & ride it as is.....

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Eh, why not? Some people drive lifted hummers on 22"s down the street. I guess it's the same idea as using a V10 as a trail bike. It won't kill ya.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Believe it or not, some people can't afford two bikes with the prices of DH rigs the way they are... This is the case for me; I have a 40+ pound VP-Free that I ride everywhere, including urban.

There is nothing wrong with bikes built this way, and you are a complete fool if you think there is.

Nothing beats a 7"+ full-suspension, racey bike down from where you rode up.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
You want to make one of the most DH specific mtn bikes into a trail bike? It won't be easy but more power to ya Bro. Oh, and if you are running a coil try to replace it with a lighter air shock, that should shave a bit off.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
odiwik said:
Believe it or not, some people can't afford two bikes with the prices of DH rigs the way they are... This is the case for me; I have a 40+ pound VP-Free that I ride everywhere, including urban.

There is nothing wrong with bikes built this way, and you are a complete fool if you think there is.

Nothing beats a 7"+ full-suspension, racey bike down from where you rode up.
What a fool...
http://www.santacruzmtb.com/news/index.php?NewsID=0087

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
I have several other bikes but I still love to ride my v-10 everywhere. I have a long setback post and run MRP/profiles with a 34 ring and 11-34 cassett and it works great as long as you keep the ride reasonably short. Great cardio. I get some strange looks from the spandex crowd but that's fine.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
odwik i wasnt saying there was nothing wrong with it i just wanted to know why buy a v-10 (dh race specific frame) and turn it into something a bullit would be perfect for. i wasnt telling him to go out and buy a new bike and race that one i was just trying to understand this.

ohh and i cant afford three or four bikes of dh race caliper. so i can feel him i just dont understand why get a race bike and turn it into a trail bike.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
that bike is absolutly amazing looking.
as for the trail bike, i dont know, thats not the best pedaler on the uphills

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Mark Weir is awesome ......cool article...
There are no boundries IMO either.We think alike.
word !

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
Geoff G. said:
actually there's a guy on bikerag.com who's been riding a v-10 as an all around trail bike since they first came out.
And my back hurts because of it.. If you are in shape you can ride anything xc.

Put a 34 tooth front ring on the V10 and pedal away. My 03 V10 was 48lbs or so, and my 05 V10 is 52lbs or so. I haven't been pedalling my new V10 xc style much this year. Not in the shape i was the past couple years.

Pedalling one bike all the time allows you to be more comfortable with it in all situations. That was my theory and i'm sticking with it.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Going to leave the V10 as is... Actually i can ride it in the 42 tooth or push.
I decided to keep my rigid Singlespped & use 2:1 like i used too when i was in good condition...
SUGAR Mountain NATIONAL 2006 !!!!
Sport DH 30+