Quantcast

V10c sizing

birdman2447

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
Backcountry is blowing out the v10c right now but only meds left. A good friend of mine just picked up a med and seems to fit decent. I am 511, what size are most of you guys that are similar heights to me running?

I am torn between a med and large but unable to play with a large to compare.

Any input?

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
I would recommend a large, but you could definitely get away with a medium. It would suck to buy the medium and find that you hate it, but if the price is right, you'd probably be able to sell it at a minor loss.

Last edited:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
would XL work with short stem? since 6" is not soo different from my height 5.10".

Weird when here one ask about m and L :)

It is not that Im going buy but Santa Cruz cockpit seem more compact than other bikes.

Last edited:

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
5'10.5 and switched from M V10C to a L (yes I switched before The Great Gwin Switch Of 2013 - I'm a hipster).

I'm comfortable on both frames, but do prefer the L. I think.

The V10.4/5 larges are not very huge. It comes down to what kind of bike you want. You'll be happy on either one most likely.

Just come to Whistler and demo each size, back to back? That's what I did...

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
If you want a bike to feel playful but not as outright fast (ride bike parks for fun, don't race) get a Medium. If you just like going fast (racer or not) get a large. I'm 5'11" and enjoy riding fast more than going slow and mucking about, the large V10c is a very good size and only the 2nd bike I have owned that I don't wish was a wee bit longer.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
at 5-10 I rode my buddies large v-10c for a few runs, it was noticeably bigger than my medium bike, but I didn't feel like I was swimming on it.