Quantcast

Va & Surrounding Area Photo Thread!

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
Castle said:
If you guys haven't made it out to the greensboro jump park, you really should check it out, this is kinda a x-post from the south; for more shots check out the south photo thread......

god those berms are sweet! you know the 'X's you get on the sidewalls of tires if you run thm with to low pressure? i was running max recomended psi and getting those from railing the berms trying (and at last succeeding!) to clear the last to big tables on the main line.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
rpk1988 said:
Wow, now I really wanna go down to 495. Anyone wanna tell me how to get there/ride one weekend?

i need to learn to jump first and then go to 495. i found the crescent jumps a while back too, do they still exist?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Nice Castle, those roots look slick! I'd LOVE to see the Bent Mtn. pic if you can get it working. Where are the Bent Mtn. trails out of curiosity? That is basically the mountain I lived on growing up.

edit: nevermind, the pic is working.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
mud'n'sweat said:
Nice Castle, those roots look slick! Where are the Bent Mtn. trails out of curiosity? That is basically the mountain I lived on growing up.
the roots and rocks were slick! the top section of that trail is real nice.

I'll get more pics of that trail and the stuff on bent.

the stuff on bent is on private land (invite only)/franklin side, did quite a bit of work this passed weekend.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i'm tried of killing rear ders! i need to join AA for broken ders. i buried an other one on ft. lewis. ^^^ that shot is of me riding chainless.
hey sean, can you post the last shot of that sequince where i'm half out of the frame? we gotta go back there when it's dry this week.

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
Those look hot. That one of Jay is would be super dope if there was another light on the right just to give him a bit of fill.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
mud'n'sweat said:
Nice pic's Sean!
thanks man, I got your bike pic to the puter, it'll be up on our site soon, bike turned out real nice. Heard it was pretty light...

Bullitrider13 said:
Where is this?
at a friend's house, down here in ol' southwest va

another pic to help even out the chatter...

this was taken about ayear ago, after just getting some dirt, looking forward to more dirt!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Castle said:
thanks man, I got your bike pic to the puter, it'll be up on our site soon, bike turned out real nice. Heard it was pretty light...
Hell yeah, I'm loving it. So far I've ridden it at Carvin's, Douthat, Walnut Creek a few times and Sherando. Best feeling hardtail I have ever ridden. It's weighing in at 19lbs however I am questioning the accuracy of the scale I used. The fork that is on it is about 4.5 lbs. I'm looking into a Fox for it, not sure of the model but's it's 3.3 lbs with 100mm travel. Should be perfect for it.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
dug up from sept. of last year, playin with video site.. local trail at carvins cove, short 17sec clip

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Nice, I have some clips from Gauntlet I should upload on youtube sometime. I think my friend Steve has some of us coming through off that small 2ft. drop on the upper portion at about 25-30 mph. It's all about the speed on those. :thumb:

I took the Explosif on it's first true epic yesterday Sean. Did the White Oak trail in GWNF. 26 miles, crossing 4 mountains and about 6,000 of elevation gain in all. And yes, I did have to walk several climbs on the SS.

Here is a pic from a cool road sign along the way where the trail crosses one of the forrest roads. Also, the second pic is from enchanted forrest at Carvin's during the rain.....

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
yup gauntlet and hi de ho rip! nice job on the white oak trail, I bet your legs felt like jello on the s.s. Nice shot from Enchanted Forest. I need to photo the cove more.. I'll work on that.. keep the pics comin!

ntron350

Chimp
Mar 22, 2004
murland
laurel pits '99 (just found these)

andy big roll-in...

another view...

me dropping the same spot...

me and burner on slalom course during the jam...