some random trail riding shots.....

The Trough (Spacemanspiff)

(Me)

Last edited:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
This is a much needed thread for this forum. SK6: Make it a sticky!

Here's my first contribution:

Just a little rock drop...

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Courtesy of Virginia Tech Freeride...new website under construction.

Snowshoe closing day 05

Snowshoe Mayhem in the Mountains 05

ETSU 05

Wisp 05, Collegiate race

Massanutten 05

Bike Magazine Monster Park @ Snowshoe, WV

Brush Mountain in Blacksburg

Just the right Gear in Salem, VA

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
My jumps. One more big double and a smaller 6 pack to go. Also just about done with my pump track.

Milby on the big table at my house. Yes we know he doesn't have a helmet on.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I'm too lazy to post the actual pictures but I have a few favorites from last season hiding amongst the otherwise litany of mediocre pics on this website...

http://hbt.fotopic.net <-- Stuff from SS Mayhem 05 and The Shed's various trails.

My two faves:
Brunettes as I shout random racial slurs at him during Mayhem DH...

Me, because I'm vain, and despite being a micro-huck I was happy for my first time on a DH bike...

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
They 'dozed the monster park slopestyle park. The pics don't do it justice to see it in person, and those two ladder hucks were massive in person.

I haven't heard if they are rebuilding the park this season, but my understanding is that it was an event-only thing to begin with. It wasn't the Boneyard of the East, sadly.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Bearmntpicnic said:
ohh and that photo of the two wooden kicker comming out of the woods are you doing the one on the right or the left because the left is hell hard
In that photo, I'm not riding, it is my friend, Dave. Everyone I ride with goes to the left portion of that jump.

Bearmntpicnic said:
where are the jumps at snowshoe didnt they flatten them
They are covered with snow right now.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Jayridesacove said:
The dude riding this frame built it himself didn't he? I remember seeing a thread about its construction somewhere. Hand-laid carbon fiber over foam core if I recall correctly. VT engineers are top notch.

zaphod1

Monkey
Oct 7, 2004
great mills md
jdschall said:
The dude riding this frame built it himself didn't he? I remember seeing a thread about its construction somewhere. Hand-laid carbon fiber over foam core if I recall correctly. VT engineers are top notch.
the guy in the back ground doesn't like it though looks like he's throwing rocks

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
_bp said:
Some stuff from 495 this fall.

Jason Beckley

Some punk kid

Me

Dig the stuff bp, when the jumps dry up and im back in nova i'll come out with my new camera setup and put it to use on u guys.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
jdschall said:

yea there's all kinds of crazy shiet going on on his senior design team - just wait and see, more to come end of spring semester :D

but here's a pic!

JayRidesaCove - ETSU '04

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Here is Greg(bballboy388) hitting a berm through the bushes. I think this might be one of the coolest pictures I have ever taken.

Here is Zach(sguhrofst8) with the sequence shot.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
sean, try to get some shots off scott's camera. he's got some good uns from hofer's yard and the nar-nar (might have to photo shop em a bit...) i can't ever get photos to load right.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
This is the absolute crappiest picture but there is a story behind it.

About 6 months ago the ground's keepers at a local school cut down a tree and left a stump behind. I found a 2x6 and made a nice jump out of it. You can see that it's not much of a drop but the tranny is maybe 30' long so you can really air it out. I hid the 2x6 in some nearby bushes when I wasn't riding on it and I hit it a few times a week.

This is the only picture I have of the drop. I went by last night and they had ground the stump down to a nub. No more stump jumping for me. :mad:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I am not going to lie to you Dave, but you look retarded in that picture. Haha. Just kidding. (note the sarcasm)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
If you guys haven't made it out to the greensboro jump park, you really should check it out, this is kinda a x-post from the south; for more shots check out the south photo thread......

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
Here's a few of me in Richmond

Me hitting the wall near Tredegar in Richmond.

Same drop different view. (note cameramen)

Cool little line on Belle island.

Just some cool pics of me to keep the thread alive. :)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Pics from this weekend's (3/4 and 3/5/06) riding:

Brunettes in the snow on Sunday:

My wife crossing a creek on Sunday's XC ride:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
This is one of the cooler pics of our trip out to Reddish knob

This is another one of the better pics from our trip. Rich is just chillin' on my vpfree in front of a clif we were parked in front of

This is a view from the top of Va

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
looks like you boys know how to drop your britches and bend over, fit in well in the state pen.... hahaha

seriously any riding shots?