Quantcast

Va & Surrounding Area Photo Thread!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
hey everybody! I dont take a lot of pictures, but here's one I took the other day of a friend on a log-ride over on Gap Mountain outside of the Boogieburg.

All I got for now. More to come after I ride on my new fork/wheel! w00t.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
does BDB have an actual team or are you just sportin' their jersey? i was stoked to finally have a shop open in Staunton, living there for that long without one was horrible.
where are you located at?
No, no formal team at this time. There were a few of us sporting jersey's for the shop at the race showing support. James is a great guy and a good buddy of mine. I currently live in Waynesboro.

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Thanks dude, we are in bad need of some downhill speed. Been riding cross country way too much...I think Snowshoe is going to have a longgggggggg ski season too. :disgust1:

Ryno

Chimp
Nov 15, 2007
NC
Looking up....

GOING DOwn...

Droppin In smoooooth like that....

Loddy doddy the nc crew likes ta potty

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
very nice, those trails look fun! as soon as weather breaks I'll be sure to get the pics going again! thanks for putting those up!

jfk1700

Chimp
Mar 31, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hey I have been a member here on Ridemonkey for a while now...but somehow I lost my username and password. I have been riding in the MD area for around 6-7 years now, but I am now living in Boulder, CO for college. Here are some pics of me messing around in town!

http://jfk1700.pinkbike.com/album/303/

-->Sorry, there are a bunch, it should be easier to just check them out on my pinkbike profile. Let me know if this doesn't work.

PS- I will be back in the DC/MD area mid May so I will be looking for some people to ride with!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Something that was worked on yesterday.

Lil gap over drainage ditch only about 5-6 feet or so.. (land on fresh dirt spot) onto the natural curved wall/elevated berm whatever you wanna call it, I call it good times!

side view

whole thing, has a really long run-in to it.. (can spin out a 36/11)

and today.....

braaap!! so fun! thanks for wannabebonedoc for shooting some pics today, I'm always behind the camera and for once I wasn't, good times!

Too much fun! Braaap!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
why do you guys need that jump there for the little wall ride, i mean you can hip it so why the jump?
Short answer: It's more fun! Riding a wall ride with no booter into it isn't as fun in my opinion.

Long answer:
It's not a hip (although I may add a hip out of the top of it), there is a good sized hole at the bottom and a drainage ditch that you have to get over somehow. If there is no jump you basically hit the wall and stop/losing all your speed, not nearly as fun.

Once you are booted up into the berm/wall whatever; it rides more like a berm, and less like a wall. Just a really fun line.... not big but really fun, only about 12-15 feet or so up at the top (where you ride) off the fire road.

If you are ever down near Roanoke,Va hit me up and we'll go give it a spin I'm sure you'll have a good time. The pictures are misleading for sure, gimme a shout and come ride! I guess that's not likely after I looked and saw you are out west. Invitation is open to anyone.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Elevator Shaft; trail has a bit of sustained steepness, it's good stuff and hardly traveled so it's really narrow, almost covered in spots....

sorry for the monotonous pics, I only stopped once on the way down because the steeps are pretty difficult to stop and get off the bike; the pics make it look flat...

It's green out there!

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Nice pics, nothing better than spring time in VA. It's been so nice this past week too, couple showers here and there. Temp wise...unbeatable!!!
This weekend should be kick-ass too...bring your point and shoot!!! I'm going to try and post some pics from SS opening weekend, but I may be riding way too much!!!