Quantcast

Va & Surrounding Area Photo Thread!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
OK- I figured someone would have done this already, but it's only been one weekend and I'm already having trouble not thinking about all the ridiculous trails of the 'Shoe.

Anyone got any pictures yet? Let's see 'em!
(here's a few old ones to get started)

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
I got a few, I was spent by Sunday afternoon, so I rode down with my camera once.
It was so nice, that kind of weather at Snowshoe in May is a treat!!!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
So, I went to snowshoe yesterday (July 3rd) and here are the few pictures I took. Sorry if they turn out huge. I had a GREAT time. Ninja Bob is a BLAST, and Powerline I'm sure would be awesome if I didn't need a snorkel to ride it. There was a small pond before each take off and at the end of each berm. Regardless, we had a blast. Also, sorry the pictures aren't that good. But then again, neither am I. I've still not worked up the guts to hit the biggest of the 4 drops or the butter drop..:bonk: maybe next time.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
place is known as Dragons Back, just outside of Roanoke,Va, just good ol' east coast singletrack...

dirtjunkie

Chimp
May 9, 2008
got tired of living too far away from snowshoe so i built a dock ramp and decidet to learn to flip like cam and the claw in seasons

Sacredg

Chimp
Nov 25, 2008
Wow, I can't beleive I have never seen this thread on ride monkey. I have been lurking a long time and I have never spoted this. My name is Dan, I Live in Fincastle Va not to far from Roanoke or thoes sweet Franklin county jumps!
I work for a place called Wilderness Adventure at Eagle Landing. check out the website.

www.wilderness-adventure.com

anyway, me and a few of the guys at work ride almost everyday, and we make it up to snowshoe around 4 or 5 times a season. I ride at the cove almost twice a week so I am sure I have crossed pathes with some of you before. Here are some pics from the last year of some of the rides we have done. and some of the homemade stuff we have here at work. Hope to ride with y'all soon.

This is our small staff trail. just a few shots. we don't have many. nobody wants to be the guy shooting.

Snowshoe 08!

The DH rig.

and the NEW "do everything bike"

And just for fun, we hit Rays Indoor MTB park last week for 2 days. the pics did not come out great but I took some screen shots of me in the foam pitt.

Hope you guys like the pics!!!

Dano

ludovic

Chimp
Aug 5, 2008
New trails worth looking into - Timberline WV.
Here are couple of photos:

New Trail

More Trail Action

Last edited: