Quantcast

Vacant area....hmmm......

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Well, the track season has started, and today was, of course, hill sprints, coach's way of weeding out the kids that aren't serious. Anyways, the hill we ran is known to a lot of people as "Ghost Town" because it is this street that goes for probably a mile or two into the hills, but has no houses or anything, only light posts and sidewalks. I was running next to this guy that is a damn good skateboarder, and he said that nobody, that is people that might have authority over us, comes up into the area. The hills that the road winds through are amazing, some with perfect steepness for a dual course or maybe some 4X kind of stuff, and definitely some dirt jumps. After I finish my tiny pump track at my house, I am thinking of trying to build some stuff up there. It's not worth asking about whether I'm allowed to build up there, the people around here are about as unfriendly to bikes as you can find. What does everyone think, should I gather the group of riders from school, about 3 or 4, grab some shovels, and go take advantage of the land? The area has been untouched by workers for over 4 years, and there are no signs that say no admittance or that there will be any construction any time soon. Not even flags marking sites. Also, what do you think would be the best stuff to build? Maybe a few hucks, DJs and a dual course to keep everyone happy? Opinions?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
build all of the above, plus a pump track. but integrate it all into one course, so you start in one section and end up hitting them all without losing your flow...

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
^if i can get help, sure, but i still need to see if i have any workers. that will not be that hard actually, at least in terms of making it one big run because there is a flat area at the top of the hill, then a downhill, and then another bigger flat area at the bottom. i have a feeling that DJs will be priority if this even comes together because there aren't any local DJs near me and i really need to learn how to hit longer sets with more confidence. i probably get to ride "real jumps" 3 times a year, at least that was last year. i'm getting my lincense soon though, so i'll hit shells, aptos and hopefully a bunch of others this coming season.