Quantcast

Vacation

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Hello North west Monkeys!! I am from the east coast NYC to be exact. The wife and I are looking to visit Oregon this summer.. most likely in July. The trip will most likely be about checking out Oregon with some Mountain biking in it. I am looking to go to Portland, Bend, Salem, Eugene, Mt Hood I know I have to ride the Deshutes river trail and the Mackenzie river trail in Bend, which is where we willl probably spend most of our time.

I would greatly appreciate it if any of you could give some advice of other places to visit or places to see in any of the above mentioned areas.. you know... dont miss spots.
also if you guys know of any good bike rental places in Bend to get set up for riding there.

I would greatlly appreciate any and all help..

Thanks, George
ps you can email me direct at Hooples3@aol.com
and.. if anyone is looking to come east coast Id gladly help you out!!

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
post canyon and blackrock are two biggies but there are a lot more...great rides, tons of built up stuff and plenty to pedal too if that is your thing...puts saxon, vanny and trumbull to shame big time!!!!!!!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
If you are planning on doing Deschutes and McKenzie, it doesn't sound like Post and Black Rock will be on your agenda.

I just got back from 4 days in the Bend area and there are lots of long descents to get your blood flowing though. Lots of shops in town and many are right off Galveston on the way to Phil's.
You might want to post the same thing over on the OR forum of MTBR as there are lots of Bendites there. The only Bendite here that I've ridden with is Heidi and we took her on a 45 mile, 4700 footer on Saturday which rocked!

Try www.cotamtb.org for the latest trail details. The work log page there is awesome. www.cogwild.com for a McKenzie shuttle from Bend as well if so inclined. (It's about a 1.5 hour drive away from Bend.) July is hot and dusty down low so you'll likely be driving from Bend for your riding if you want the goods. Or, go real early in the morning.

I'll shoot you an e-mail too.