Quantcast

Vacations

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I'm back after a kinda long hiatus. How's it been? I wanted to ask you monkey's what some of your favorite vacations you have ever taken were? This will be during Spring Break (middle March) so keep that in mind. Want to go somewhere warm as I have never been by the beach. I am a 19, single, college kid.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Well, depends on your "scene" and your budget. If you like to party then definitely hit the Spring Break hot spots (Miami Beach, Daytona Beach, Cancun, etc.) If not, then perhaps something along the Gulf of Mexico (I am sure they'll be rebuilt after Katrina & Rita are finished with them), Hawaii, or Puerto Rico?

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I have been looking at Hawaii right now because my friend's parents are going there and they wanted us to come along. We would have to pay but it would be about a 1000 for ticket and board for a week(very good deal?). I have never seen the ocean in person. The only places I have been, have been for biking or pretty close. Bozeman, Fruita, Mpls/St. Paul, Madison, Rushmore.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
RideND said:
I have been looking at Hawaii right now because my friend's parents are going there and they wanted us to come along. We would have to pay but it would be about a 1000 for ticket and board for a week(very good deal?). I have never seen the ocean in person. The only places I have been, have been for biking or pretty close. Bozeman, Fruita, Mpls/St. Paul, Madison, Rushmore.
That doesn't sound like too bad a price. You've definitely got to see the ocean...it's absolutely beautiful!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
RideND said:
I'm back after a kinda long hiatus. How's it been? I wanted to ask you monkey's what some of your favorite vacations you have ever taken were? This will be during Spring Break (middle March) so keep that in mind. Want to go somewhere warm as I have never been by the beach. I am a 19, single, college kid.

alexis_dh guide for spring break:

panama city rocks.
miami rocks.
acapulco rocks.

but the mother of all spring break destinations is South Padre Island. best girl-guy ratio. best looking girlies.
definately, the best place, in my experience, is South Padre Island. (or was 4 years ago).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
RideND said:
I have the money for anywhere (but don't want to spend it) as long as it's worth it.
Let's see...you're young, single and have some cash to spend.
The beach offers, beauty (and I am not just talking about the hot chicks in bikinis or less), fun, parties....sounds like it would be worth it!