Quantcast

Vail

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Two questions:
1) Anyone know if they're going to be adding any new trails/features at Vail this summer? Last summer was pretty good with the new sections they put in.

2) Does anyone know who's in charge of trail design/construction for Vail mountain? Is it strictly volunteer or do they have people on the payroll?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Well I'm no expert on what the down-low is in Vail this summer, but I'm bored so here goes:

1) Gawd we hope so! There's always rumors. Yes the new trail and other trail improvements were a welcomed success. Let's hope they keep it up!

2) Vail leases their land from the USFS, just like everyone else. So if a new trail or stunt is to be built you can imagine the red tape for designing and getting permission. As for who actually builds it, it's probably a mix of volunteers and Vail Associates employees.

Opening day is June 24th! Keep your fingers crossed!

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Anyone have more specific info? The reason I ask is that I may be living out there this summer and would like to know how I could get involved with improving the bike park. With two summer lifts and a huge mountain, that place has potential.

biker

Chimp
May 27, 2005
911- when you get to Vail, hit up Wheelbase and ask Jay what the scoop is. You can get involved in the builds, which should be starting soon. Last summer, they held volunteer trail crews on Wednesday's. They provide you with free beverages and a lunch and after 6 volunteer days, you've earned yourself a free season pass.

I loved Vail last year.. I'm hoping they at least get the same trails going with some new jumps, berms, etc.. Of course, I also wouldn't be opposed to some new trails as well ;)

Hopefully the whole Lionshead reconstruction thing won't affect DH too much

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
hey i am in vail now and the bridg is done.

also i would like to know what type of jobs there are here for a 19 yr old and where could i live?

darb04

Chimp
Dec 14, 2004
colorado springs
yea last year kind of suck because they were rebuilding the bridge and you had to go all the way around to get back to the lift which took away from riding time. i hope this year they will have some sweet new trails.