Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Loic
1718734490996.png
1718734983020.png

Finn
1718734679393.png
1718735051999.png

you can see Loic's fairing wraps farther down.

(gawd, I'm suck a frikken geek!!! not sure why I even care!!!)

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is it just me or have Loic and Finn's bikes always looked a bit smaller? Not that its been negative for them.

Maybe its just Finn's huge head making the thing look smaller. :busted:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
on the other hand... in the Vital post-race interviews Amaury said he was happy for the sloppy conditions because it meant he couldn't ride close to the limit, and had to remain within his capabilities... Ben was suggesting he was the one who could push the closest to the limit without crossing it.

After my injury, I'm beginning to notice that speed is what freaks me out. I'll take tech every day all day, but I know the consequences all too well of losing it at speed. I wonder if that's what's going on with him: his talent on a bike is astronomical, so the tech is where he excels, but flat out speed at the limit still wigs him out. I'm sure as an elite athlete he'll eventually get to where he wants to be... and we'll all be in awe of it!
Yeah, I think that is a very smart/mature comment from a guy who is extremely talented.

For me, I'm cool going flat out in the open. But even then, you get off line and boom you're hitting the dirt. Just like that. No time to react. I'm getting old. The risk/reward equation is going a different direction.

I don't go flat out in the woods. Kinda freaks me out. My worst crash was trying to take a sneaky line in the woods. Then head butted a tree going mach stupid. You go off line thinking it's cool, but guess what? There's no traction. So there's that. Freakin pea gravel of Colorado Springs. Blah.

The pros have been everywhere. So I assume they get the dirt. They get the terrain. They know when to hold em, know when to fold em. HA.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Bruni hiding a ride height device like they use in MotoGP. That suspension layout they use on the proto lends itself to adjustments in ride height by shortening or lengthen the link under the BB. Ohlins makes these for their MotoGP teams. High BB with light compression jank rocks and low BB with high compression motorway. Obviously this will change ha at the same time.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Interesting theory. In Vital slideshows from the past season we could see the pull rod had adjustable length via the screwed in ends. However, the length had to be altered manually, off the bike. I guessed it was a way to alter the geometry and kinematics to better suit the track.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah,that was exactly what I want. Sick Ass All World Mother Fuckers,side by side at Full Speed! Man,I think that is the Bees Knees!

I was just about to ask the Mighty Monkeys this question. Why can we not have this joy?

In any case,I will not complain,because Whoever made that video,will Fix it. Watch.

Avy