Quantcast

Val di Sole 2012 - Official Thread?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
They should've put a giant high speed berm at the bottom of that final sender and keep the speeds up rather than nerf the entrance to it. Keep it fast and sketchy.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I'm liking the looks of a Brook MacDonald + Mondraker combo. Could be fast....

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Someone said if peaty makes this years UK worlds team, it will be his 20th year of world championships...holy sh1t
you're more connected then I am, but is there really a question? he didn't do real shabby at PMB and he had some lung thing going on. Isn't it pretty much a given?

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Strange because to me it looked like you just read the results with your Hill opinion. Lee nailed it. Hill still showed signs of great form. He just didn't have consistency. Read and watch a little before you post another hill has no results because he wears funny hats post. He was injured and still had a few great results. Claiming others surpassed him is just silly.
Say what? Where did I say anything about hats? Maybe you should "read and watch" before calling others out so condescendingly.

Sam used to be the dominator on steep and rough tracks. It has been awhile.... looking fast, and finishing first are two different things. The clock don't lie.

Strong argument can be made that Gwin had most dominant season ever in 2011, against the deepest field, ever.

Strong argument can be made that Hart's Champs run at Champery was the most impressive race run ever. As dominant as any race Hill has won, or Kovarik by 14secs at Ft Bill.

These are but two of the new consistent podium threats on the rough, real man's tracks. Smith, Brosnan, and MacDonald are making moves. I honestly hope Sam is healthy and up to speed. Racing is getting competitive! Siked for sunday!

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
Just checked out Dirt's pre race info...not a WORD about Hill or Brendog??? WTF??? Like they are not even racing?? I've been out of the game for a while due to a hideous work schedule...but...Hill IS racing isn't he? I know Gee got injured in training??? Now CG had a massive stack and has broken hip and femur...damn...

Just can't believe Dirt is acting like Hill's beyond sik run at Worlds a few years back never even happened? No mention of it? He floated through that gnar fest with the skilz of a Jedi...Had to be the SIKEST run he ever put down (and on his Sunday!) He is racing isn't he? Steve Jones thought he was God...guess that was then...this is now...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Just checked out Dirt's pre race info...not a WORD about Hill or Brendog??? WTF??? Like they are not even racing?? I've been out of the game for a while due to a hideous work schedule...but...Hill IS racing isn't he? I know Gee got injured in training??? Now CG had a massive stack and has broken hip and femur...damn...

Just can't believe Dirt is acting like Hill's beyond sik run at Worlds a few years back never even happened? No mention of it? He floated through that gnar fest with the skilz of a Jedi...Had to be the SIKEST run he ever put down (and on his Sunday!) He is racing isn't he? Steve Jones thought he was God...guess that was then...this is now...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/victors-val-di-sole-wc-gallery-2012-day-1.html#slide-6

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/victors-val-di-sole-wc-gallery-2012-day-1.html#slide-9

You asked... ;)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

Just can't believe Dirt is acting like Hill's beyond sik run at Worlds a few years back never even happened?
No mention of it? He floated through that gnar fest with the skilz of a Jedi...Had to be the SIKEST run he ever put down (and on his Sunday!) He is racing isn't he? Steve Jones thought he was God...guess that was then...this is now...
I kinda like the fact that they've chosen not to mention the '08 Hill run, as if it hasn't been repeated dozens of times already (and will be again). Good on them for not pretending it didn't happen 4 years ago and getting on with things a bit.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I kinda like the fact that they've chosen not to mention the '08 Hill run, as if it hasn't been repeated dozens of times already (and will be again). Good on them for not pretending it didn't happen 4 years ago and getting on with things a bit.
haha, reminds me of the Fort William/Kovarik days....every f-ing year, even 10 yrs later..."Will Kovarik SMASH em like he did 10 years ago???"

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Say what? Where did I say anything about hats? Maybe you should "read and watch" before calling others out so condescendingly.

Sam used to be the dominator on steep and rough tracks. It has been awhile.... looking fast, and finishing first are two different things. The clock don't lie.
Yes the clock doesn't lie but I think you missed the parts where he had some great results (being a world champion kinda counts doesn't it?), some great qualis and some great split times before crashing. Look at more data then the final wc standings because your analisis has less depth than Lindsey Lohans thought process. No one is saying he will win but he is still a very valid contender. Especially given his very good time at PMB (for him)

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
How about Kintner and Jonnier @ 35seconds? and Manon DNF? I wonder if she is protected yet.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Gwin appears to be struggling looking at his time.

Gwin 7.6 secs ahead of 2nd place Minnaar at the moment.
I think one of you might be mistaken.

And I'd say its the guy who said gwin was struggling. I feel like whenever you quali first by 7+ seconds, its usually a good sign that you're going disgustingly fast. Jesus fycking christ. I think there is going to be a lot of soul searching before the race of people trying to decide whether or not DH is worth it with the risks you have to take to beat Rock Jesus.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
damn, rude is pretty quick. If he can pull off a result like this in the finals that'd be rad.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If I put some sort of smiley does it make it more obvious that I was joking?

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
For all the Americans, look at Richie Rude in 9th, very impressive. Good effort by Hill also, i wonder how much mental games were played for this run by everybody. Seems like a mellow qualifying could be a good idea on this track to avoid possible injury or is quali points that important that the contenders for the overall smashes it regardless?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
For all the Americans, look at Richie Rude in 9th, very impressive. Good effort by Hill also, i wonder how much mental games were played for this run by everybody. Seems like a mellow qualifying could be a good idea on this track to avoid possible injury or is quali points that important that the contenders for the overall smashes it regardless?
quali points are that important these days. Not last year, because rock jesus was winning by so much, but the last couple years came down to quali points. I think minnaar lost to gee on quali points.

Now that rock jesus is here, and after this race, I don't think they matter. If there are rocks, RJ will do... this.