Val di Sole finals

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I am pretty sure the disappointing season will continue as @jackalope has repeatetly dropped the ball on delivering his predictions! :rant:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
No points for qualifying at the season finale. Amaury just needs to finish in the top 60 or have Finn finish anywhere other than first and the overall is his.

Cami is up 119 on Vali and 180 on Myriam. A top 6 guarantees her the overall.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ah.. Didn't realise that.
Yeah, they basically just take the finals result and use that for both finals and quali points (e.g. 250 points for winning the race, instead of 200 and 50 for winning both). The idea is to keep finals relevant instead of having it settled preemptively in quali.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Thanks. Makes (some) sense. In all the years I've followed WC I don't think I ever noticed that was the case.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
No points for qualifying at the season finale. Amaury just needs to finish in the top 60 or have Finn finish anywhere other than first and the overall is his.

Cami is up 119 on Vali and 180 on Myriam. A top 6 guarantees her the overall.
Cheers for doing the math.

In the junior womens I believe it could still go either way as well. In junior men, Jordan and Jackson flipped a coin on who got the Champs and who got the cup overall so thats all settled.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
They didn't used to give points for qualifying. I'd rather they stop. Find another way to discourage intentionally qualifying low.
Yeah. I knew points for qualifying only came in a few years back in an attempt to put a stop to tactical weather dodging during qualies.
Protected riders all setting off in the last 20(ish) kinda does similar.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Seeing Payet reminds me I always really wanted to visit Reunion with a bike. They should have some sick riding there.

Also this track makes for great racing but honestly it seems like even Champery is probably a safer race for us normal guys than this.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
My goodness....the men's qualifying DNS list is massive.

Also, go Andreas Kolb! Dude comes across as super humble. Would be wicked to see him snatch a WC win.