Quantcast

Val di Sole (ITA) 2013 World Cup #2

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
Val di Sole is shaping up to look like a very exciting race. I love this type of track. Anybody as of right now could be standing on top spot. This could be a race for the ages. Imagine if you will the potential of this. Smith letting it all hangout because he knows he has to. Hill healthy and hungry would have been firmly on the podium if not for a mechanical. Gee as smooth as you can get high off this weeks win and loving his new girl. Gwin reading the blogs, hearing the grumblings, switching to a DB rear shock, developing a huge chip on his shoulder. Bulldog tasting the ability of the Session that completely compliments his style, believing that this could be a banner year. Minnaar saying to himself, "I will not be counted out." Hart feeling the sting of inconsistency. SicMic saying , " I can ride to b!tches, it's not all about my hot sister or ubber cute Holly I would spoon like the rest of you guys." Blinky's saying, "4th this week, 1st next week and you all will get the bung face." And from Beaumont, "This isn't just team Atherton riding for GT, I was here first!"

Yes, I left a few people out. Concerning a couple of the missing players. I believe each of these guy are missing something and this is what I think it is. Troy, 15-20lbs of muscle would equal more podiums, less injury, and better consistency. My man Bryce, "The Mac". Stop chasing tail, get serious up stairs like Gee, and you will win! You may not agree, but this is the internet where everyone's think their opinion is worth hearing.

curtmuss

Chimp
Jan 29, 2013
id like to see Bryce podium heaps more,but yeah i agree he needs to sort his head out,he could be up there ! Dont know whats happening with Fairclough,seems to get worse each year,he should be smashing it on his new ride.... vds should suit him too... bring it on !

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
^ Word. Im so pumped for Fairclough, but it seems like he himself isnt pumped, or hungry or want that top step like mayonnaise is to french fries. Or was that too much?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I know, mayonnaise on chips - what a nob.
Ha ha.. You need all the condimental calorific help you can get!

talking of which, you might even get strong enough to pedal a 100mm 4X hartdtail down Caddonbank and make every landing transition instead of mincing your way round GT on some old IT guy's weekend bike :p

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
never thought to turning round and see how you're feeling when you finally get to the end.. is that a man-crush thing?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Anyone else not actually care who wins? I never have really! just get want to see riders smash ****, save a big sketchy moment, get proper sideways or eat ****!
if everyone rode even faster but with the riding style of say Steve Peat or any of the girls, I wouldn't even watch WC DH.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
You two are bellends! Gary, your hate for Marks Five actually makes me want one. Wasn't much dropping going on last time out Markus :p

I'm still a fan boy so just want to see Sam smash it, or Hart, Hart getting loose would also be most pleasing!

Last edited:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
That's it folks, nothing to see here, the stylish race run is the bet race run. No need for timers.
Yes, because that's *all* I wrote and the topic wasn't what was more impressive, but rather who won..... Wait... No, it wasn't.

Also, that would be called a slope style competition.

Funny how context has different connotations to different people..... ;)

Last edited:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
out of control on the verge of crashing your way down the mountain is now considered 'stylish'? Yeah Sam was fast as eff in that race, and he also nearly binned it more than a few times, then his luck ran out, just as I expected it too.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
out of control on the verge of crashing your way down the mountain is now considered 'stylish'? Yeah Sam was fast as eff in that race, and he also nearly binned it more than a few times, then his luck ran out, just as I expected it too.
Twas the drift.

Also, some think stylish = raybans and spray on pants. Horses for courses. Hence "IMO" ;) It was what one thought was more impressive. Not some empirical statistic.... for that I'd have to break out my sextant, seismometer, and Geiger counter to really get accurate.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Yes, because that's *all* I wrote and the topic wasn't what was more impressive, but rather who won..... Wait... No, it wasn't.

Also, that would be called a slope style competition.

Funny how context has different connotations to different people..... ;)
simmer down.

I've never considered style one bit when watching a race run. Smooth maybe, but style means nothing in a race run to me.

Style is also subjective, the stop watch is not.

I prefer racing, not because I am fast, but because you either went faster than the other guy or you didn't.

Unlike something where judges are involved.....

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
I've heard this a couple of times. I went back and watched it again and can't see how anyone can consider him to be out of control during that run.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I've heard this a couple of times. I went back and watched it again and can't see how anyone can consider him to be out of control during that run.
I've watched it a few times too and still can't believe he didn't crash sooner. He was riding beyond the edge and way loose, and he payed for it.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
I do have to agree that he was very pinned but not out of control. No real major save, just a lapse of concentration at the end. I have seen ski racers miss the very last gate, so slideout in such a turn is fully acceptable as a "o there is the finish, almost there. Oops....fvck" kind of thing.

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
out of control on the verge of crashing your way down the mountain is now considered 'stylish'?
In this case? Yes. He looks magical in that race run. 1:35 (on the youtube video, not his race time) is just so.....WTF, how are you going that fast through there.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
2008 Hill at VDS vs. 2011 Hart at Champery? I say its a tie :D
Sorry, I know it was in the mud and all with Hart, but the best didn't bring their A game at Worlds for that race in my opinion. Danny rode a clean race run and stayed up the whole way. I loved it because it was so precise and that whip was perfection.

What Hill did was completely unexpected and NO ONE thought he'd even finish in the top 20, let alone 3rd with cartwheels to boot. Hill's run in a sideways downpour that no one else on the podium faced is gonna be the one for a long time.

And all this crap about Hill's run at World's when he ditched it in the dust...not a good run. Too ragged the whole way. When someone blows away the entire field and the big dogs all had good runs, he's usually making it look easy the whole way down. There was nothing easy looking about his run. It looked ragged like Damon Bradshaw in Supercross.

curtmuss

Chimp
Jan 29, 2013
stoking hard on this race ! would love Hill to be ill all the way down the hill !! or mr. Smith , he could kill it