Quantcast

***Valentines Derp***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Up early, with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Didn't even have to buy a Valentine's Day card as I still have mine from last year, owing to my wife having been mad at me and we didn't exchange them then.

Mouse #7 apprehended.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, my beautiful ridemonkey Valentines. You guys sure are swell. <3 <3

I slept a shitload the past two nights and it never feels like enough. I ran 13.1 miles in the cold yesterday...took 1:36. It took about three miles for my hands to warm up even with gloves on. Wife and I are going to XC ski today which should keep us plenty warm.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Power's out. It's really fucking cold. Layla won't go outside so we're keeping her door closed to keep the heat in.
Screenshot_20210214-064224.png

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Went on a snow ride. Bike-only trails were interestingly pretty trampled down, making for a choppy ride. One of the rock gardens had a ton of tire marks going in, so I went for it as well. Turns out everybody turned into the chicken way about 1/3 down. I laid the first track on the lower part (it snowed the last time 4 days ago) and the whole rock garden was surprisingly smooth compared to normal conditions.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
the whole rock garden was surprisingly smooth compared to normal conditions
Some of the most technical singletrack turns into white ribbons of flow here. And when it is icy and studded tires exist, you can fly through them in mach speed, like today. :cupidarrow:

Yeah, today was shitloads of fun.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bought our house 3yrs ago today. No mention of v-day between either fake wife or I today. Win.

Make breakfast this morning then rode bikes and walked with kid/family for a few hrs. Then went into work and took care of some stuff and made myself some soft jaw inserts with v-grooves for le bike shop vice today while the slackers napped.

That's all, not that you fuckers care, or should care.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. -8 this morning. Nice, light fluffy snow that was a snap to push away with my ManPlow.

Pelotoned after wife did so (hour long Power Zone ride), verified that my Peloton Bike is indeed calibrated correctly, watched Monsters, Inc. with kids, ate some Indian leftovers.

Now working 5-10 PM for extra mountain house money.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Told wifey I was going to the store to get stuff to make a nice dinner. She told me “don’t bring home any stupid flowers.”

She’s a good-un.
I always got her flowers, she always thought they were stupid, apparently.
She does like flowers, though, just not for ridiculous ‘holidays’.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Told wifey I was going to the store to get stuff to make a nice dinner. Sho told me “don’t bring home any stupid flowers.”

She’s a good-un.
I always got her flowers, she always thought they were stupid, apparently.
She does like flowers, though, just not for ridiculous ‘holidays’.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife picked up a fancy panini grill and I have been using the hell out of it. Basically stuffing random stuff between sourdough mostly, but I have a ton of ideas for crap.

This is why I'm fat.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The wife picked up a fancy panini grill and I have been using the hell out of it. Basically stuffing random stuff between sourdough mostly, but I have a ton of ideas for crap.

This is why I'm fat.
My first apartment in California a prior tenant had left behind a really nice panini grill. Used the hell out of it and took it when I left. Although it's long gone these days