Quantcast

Valley xtreme sports park

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
check this out everyone www.valleyxtremesports.com

leave your input there.....spread the word!!!!
Thats easier said than done. I filled out my suggestions and hit submit and got this:

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page

You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.
Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

Then I tried the "Contact Us" link and their e-mail address is youremail@youraddress.com. I kind of doubt that's their real e-mail.

My first suggestion is to get the site working. Also they should post up on here to get some comments. I would defiantly go there and ride if they built a good park.

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
they are aware of the problem, hopefully it will be fixed soon...anyaways go to the contact tab to get a direct email to them....april or terry @valleyxtremesports.com. These should work, thats how I have had to contact them so far. Peace-

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
It should be a pretty cool place...indoor -outdoor bmx, skatepark, mx track, and some mountainbike trails will be cool. Hoping everyone leaves input as to what they'd like to see there...anyways its a start for what the Valley is lacking. Dont get me wrong Im stoked on the existing trails in the area but here we can have all the stuff we cant build in national forest land to ride here and hopefully be a good mix of it all.

SkiJim668

Chimp
Jul 4, 2008
B more
I emailed them asking for more info and heres part of what they wrote.....

Our track should run the outer perimeter of the park. We will move dirt to accommodate the need for speed, more than likely building a big drop in to
get you moving. As far as features of course there will be some dirt tables, wooden kickers, ladders, teeters, rock gardens typical park type stuff.
My ultimate idea is to have everything as "optional" and varying sizes and one section that is dual track, meaning you and your mate drop in that part at the same time.
Sorta mountain x style. once you reach the end you can push or pedal your way to finish the loop and start back at the top.
This place isn't hilly based on the topo map we say but it will be fun since we are going to have a bulldozer!
True DH bikes (10+ travel) probably wont get a full adrenaline rush compared to the rocky mountain trails we have here
but we will make it fun for everyone. We also will keep adding on and working our way to some bigger stuff / drops, once we get going.
And we / I need you suggestions!!
What makes you want to drive out to VXP and throw down?

They will also have XC /AM trails.Sounds cool cant wait to check it out.

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Looks like i wont have anywhere to take my 13 inch downhill bike. If only i had a small travel 9 inch bike i could shred that place for sure...
Shucks! I guess you better take your 13" travel downhill bike back to the 13" travel downhill bike gettn' place and make yourself suffer with a "short" travel bike.

SkiJim668

Chimp
Jul 4, 2008
B more
All you need is a 12 or 16 foot quarterpipe-like roll in and you could achieve good velocity for some big hit slopestyle stuff with minimal elevation drop. It would be more a session area but Im fine with that if the stunts are worth it.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
It would be great if they built a nice skatepark. Keep the mtn. bikes on the mountains that you can see from any direction in the valley. There are 3 mtn. bike parks all within a 5 hour drive from the valley not to mention all the free trails in the area. Fvk a bunch of decking built in a field.

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
BAXTER- Trust me the skatepark will be cool, and the bmx stuff as well. As for the mountainbikes for some of us who cant drive all the way to a bike park this will hopefully be a place to ride stuff that cant be built in national forest that is close by. I'm hoping for some dirt jumps, and a pump track as well. Trust me if it all works out this place will have some cool things to ride there-
peace

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
I reccomended that they had some kind of a photo oppurtunity, like on roller coasters, where you can pay for copies, or to have them sent to you.
and to have monthly races, and live bands with BBQ!!!

I look forward to seeing you guys there!

-Ben

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Is there any update on this place? I see it says this on their website:

"Valley Xtreme Sports Park is currently in the approval stage with Augusta County, Virginia."

If it's still in approval stage, any chance it will be open in 2009?

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
Count on years from now if ever. Front Royal has had a concrete park in the planning stages for years. With the country and states in financial ruin, I wouldn't count on it. Virginia sucks to get money and approval for stuff like this even when there is money.

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
just letting you guys know VXP had a sound test a few saturday's ago out of respect for the nearby homes. In may the county will make their decision to pass the project or not. I'll keep you all informed.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Pretty sad that in 2009 people still put annoying music on their websites. Sorry, but in web design, just because something can be done doesn't mean it you should do it.