Quantcast

Vallnord DHI 2013...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I would have respectfully replied stating my quote was about the bike and his "ADD" and the blatant criticisms (maybe that word has a separate connotation over there), but your last predictable add on about 'results' (13th place is a decent 'result') and accusations just shows me the transparent trap you set to get me into a argument with a well known RM troll. Carry on.
I'm a well known troll but at least I make the effort to understand your posts. People who are spectators at every worldcup for years often say he is fast and that in their opinion he COULD WIN or BE ON THE PODIUM and that he looks faster than top 5 guys. In that context 13th place is a dissapointment when people pick you to fight for the win. Especially since they say that about him for the last 5-6 years.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm wondering who you mean....From memory Peat has ridden for:

GT; the DHi was a pretty special bike, I think he was on Rockshox for those years too. Maybe you mean the lobo he raced on?...
Yup, Lobo. And the DHi Sure was eventually a great "bike", but if you google "Rock Shox Deluxe", you'll know what I'm referring to.

Granted, 1/3 of the field was handicapped by that turd, but if you were on a GT, yours was blown for sure. :rofl:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Yup, Lobo. And the DHi Sure was eventually a great "bike", but if you google "Rock Shox Deluxe", you'll know what I'm referring to.

Granted, 1/3 of the field was handicapped by that turd, but if you were on a GT, yours was blown for sure. :rofl:
I had one on a Cortina Europa. Didn't expect much out of it, and it seemed to last the season or so I had it. In fact, it's still sitting in the basement of a shop I used to work at. I should go grab it as wall art.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I remember thinking an URT Gary Fisher with a Deluxe was the pinacle suspension.Though I was 12 and racing xc then.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
To be fair, what was he competing against on the Lobo? Suspension design was so bat **** crazy and the shocks so incompetent I think a modern hardtail would be faster.

The Vprocess bikes Nico was on were a leap above what everybody else had. Am I right in thinking it's the same era as the Cannondale with jackdrive, the Giant ATX, a fledgeling M1 etc?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Giant's were typically equipped with the Deluxe. Fox was an actual shock design and manufacturing company, so granted their stuff worked OK (not amazing)...but rarely did a Fox hose your keister with a few ounces of suspension fluid every 3rd run like the Deluxe.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wat? the vprosexczs was a single pivot, non-linkage driven frame. That means it's inferior and you're going to die. The sunn had a nice little rocker link, but the vproshegz was about as simple as they come. They didn't even add an idler until the second generation. I'll give you that the BOS stuff was probably worlds better than anything RS chortled out, but to say that the vproblems was better than the lobo or atx or m1 is probably glossing over a ton of important factors.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Wat? the vprosexczs was a single pivot, non-linkage driven frame. That means it's inferior and you're going to die. The sunn had a nice little rocker link, but the vproshegz was about as simple as they come. They didn't even add an idler until the second generation. I'll give you that the BOS stuff was probably worlds better than anything RS chortled out, but to say that the vproblems was better than the lobo or atx or m1 is probably glossing over a ton of important factors.
You spelled vpropres wrong...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
aaahhhh but what about the better Coupe Deluxe, and the frankly AWESUM Super Deluxe?!
I had the Super Deluxe on a Mongoose NX9.7 that I ran about 2000 (?) I think. Red knob for rebound, Blue knob for blow shock and bleed oil everywhere.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
I had the Super Deluxe on a Mongoose NX9.7 that I ran about 2000 (?) I think. Red knob for rebound, Blue knob for blow shock and bleed oil everywhere.
Hahahah, true story. Good times.

A lot of riders around me that started riding in those days refuse to touch the blue knob even nowadays.

Its sort of like monkeys, ladder and a banana.

Last edited:

livanh

Chimp
Jun 17, 2011
I'm a well known troll but at least I make the effort to understand your posts. People who are spectators at every worldcup for years often say he is fast and that in their opinion he COULD WIN or BE ON THE PODIUM and that he looks faster than top 5 guys. In that context 13th place is a dissapointment when people pick you to fight for the win. Especially since they say that about him for the last 5-6 years.
Is that so hard to understand ? Brandon looks fast, because in training he IS fast and faster than most other guys. He adapts to difficult sections/tracks fast, because is damn good on a dh bike. Hes creative in line choices and makes hard stuff look easy without much effort. Come race day when everyone has their lines and puts race hats on, he falls a bit back.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I had a super deluxe on my DHi, and never had a problem with it. But then I never touched the blue knob.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I never had a deluxe on a dh bike. Can anyone comment - did it overheat like my DNM Burner which turned into a piece of solid metal mid run? It was quite strange to go from 240mm to 0mm of travel in 3 minutes. Put a radiator on it to help.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Yes, it was a big margin, but don't forget that it was on a 6 min course. We'll see, I hope he does well..it's good for US racing to have a guy up on that podium.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Plus it was not against Gforce Atherton or any other top contender. But then again he may not have gone flat out either (though I suspect that since a racer is racer, he probably put in a good effort).

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Against who though....
1. Aaron Gwin, Wildomar, CA 5:14.017
2. Logan Binggeli, Saint George, UT 5:25.759
3. Mitch Ropelato, Ogden, UT 5:25.821
4. Kevin Aiello, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 5:26.623
5. Cody Warren, Alpine, CA 5:33.959
6. Graeme Pitts, Nevada City, CA 5:35.708
7. Trevyn Newpher, Steamboat Springs, CO 5:36.094
8. Austin Hackett Klaube, Dillon, CO 5:38.140
9. Chris Higgerson, Deansboro, NY 5:38.672
10. Ryan Condrashoff, Larkspur, CA 5:41.377

You get a moar stacked field at the Scottish Nationals!